Recent content by mtaz

1. M

Long Point Waterfowlers' Association AGM 2014

Really? Over an open forum comment? I also don't understand why you are posting this on an LPWA forum. I do understand your solicitation on the OOD water site, just not here. If they don't let hunters harvest doves in the unit (I agree with this), they will never let us harvest tundra swans...
  2. M

Google Earth, Waterfowl Unit

That picture was taken on the duck opener last year, I'm guessing around noonish. I believe I was taking a nap in my trailer with my wife when they took that pic (or something like that) :rolleyes:.
  3. M

muskrat season

I had a muskrat problem in my duck impoundments last season. I got a licensed trapper to come and trap some for me. He got 12 of them in a couple weeks. I don't know what the rules are on shooting them, but I do know they are delicious (the back legs and thighs). Even the wife and kids had their...
  4. M

Ice Conditions at Long Point Bay - 2013

This site is sometimes helpful for ice conditions, I think it's updated twice a day... http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1 taz
  5. M

Sat Oct 26/13

We too were out in the unit on Saturday in one of the muddy stake blinds. We had to drag our boat in, luckily the water rose a bit for the trek out. We finished with 12 - mallards, gadwalls, pintails and wigeon. Lots of missing but still lots of fun. We hunted Friday too with the same results...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks