Recent content by Duck Tales

1. D

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

Here we go again... All these years I have been completely wrong when telling people that I am a waterfowl hunter. How could I have been so ridiculous? (or is it me being ridiculous??) I will be a little more specific next time, and make sure I only say duck/goose hunter, so thanks for...
  2. D

Cinnamonn teal

Just a thought - can you hold a piece of paper over it, and gently shade in the paper with a pencil to pull out the markings? Works in the movies...lol
  3. D

Cinnamonn teal

Nice bird! Any news on the band yet?
  4. D

Long Point Causeway Project

quote: Originally posted by jiminyBlueBill What does the "S" stand for in FOCAS? Just wondering... Shot in the dark here.... My guess would be that as it ends in Association, they use "AS", becasue FOCA does't have a ring to it. I don't think the extra S means anything.....
  5. D

tough weekend

Wow, steeling decoys is a low blow!! It would be great to find out who the morons are... Duckman, Dan thought he left his ammo box in your boat last weekend, and as he is out of the country, he asked that I try to track it down. If you have it, let me know, and I'll catch up with you on...
  6. D

Canada Geese

Don't give the birds the chance to see you.. If this is going to be a place you hunt for a while, dig a pit, box it in so it doesn't cave in, and they'll never see you until it's too late... Throw in a couple chairs, bbq, and you are off to the races.
  7. D

Brothel at long point

Ask Kyle, I think he guides the guy that lives there...
  8. D

Who's hunting "Frankenstorm"?

How was the weather in Long Point during the storm? I'm curious to hear if either the water blew in or out a few feet.
  9. D

Congratulations Dicker!

Pelicans....?! I once had to wrestle an alligator at B1, just so we could hunt. I know its hard to believe because who would shoot B1. Lol Just kidding, that's pretty cool!
  10. D

Thursdays?

Nope. It's open Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat.
  11. D

Congratulations Dicker!

quote: Originally posted by duckman My log shows that after a north east storm we have shot some over the last 15 years we have shot 25 out in the inner bay and they make great duck poppers with jalapeño and bacon Hey Mark, does this mean you shot 25 brants in the past 15 years?
  12. D

Feds Are Here

They check everything as it relates to the hunting regulations. I have been stopped 3 times in the past 2 years, and not once were they concerned with whether or not we had vests, rope, etc.
  13. D

goose hunting

Put some time into scouting the area, and you won't have a problem getting permission. Most people in this forum are waterfowl hunters, so good luck getting someone to give up a spot when there are committed birds dumping in their fields.
  14. D

MY SIDE OF THE STORY "OPENING MORN"

Awesome post Donald to the unethical hunters!
  15. D

Opening Morning Problems

I can see how that can be frustrating, but in my opinion, it should be first come first serve. I usually don't hunt the bay until a little later in the season, but when I do, I get out early to ensure I'm shooting where I want to shoot. I'm sure some people deserve "special privilidges" in...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks