Recent content by chesapeakeman

1. C

Fishing Report Better than Monday

Really nice catfish, I'll be headed to the pier Sunday hoping to catch a few big ones myself.
  2. C

Fishing Report Had fun.

If you had a boat, where would you be?
  3. C

Fishing Report Had fun.

Went down to the pier at Port Burwell, and noticed the water level was very low, so I headed over to Port Bruce. Fished Wednesday, wind was from the east and nothing doing for cats or drum. Tried again Thursday, wind was from the south. One really big drum/sheephead. I did really well for cats...
  4. C

Spring cat action?

I've been out three times to Port Bruce, fishing off the pier. I've had one really good day and two days enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. Has anyone else been out and had good fishing for cats? I usually fish at either Port Bruce or Burwell, but I'm open to suggestions.
  5. C

Fishing Report Slow today. DEAD slow.

Was out again at the Port Bruce pier Wednesday. Very windy from the southerly direction, with waves coming up the channel. Water was muddy but not a Timmys double double. Tried for cats for a couple hours without success. Others were fishing, mostly with pickeral rigs and worms, and also without...
  6. C

Thames catfish

Flathead catfish are native to all US states bordering the great lakes. They are not new or exotic. We don't have many here due to limited habitat, as they are a fish of large rivers like the Ohio, Missouri, and Mississipi. They can survive in southern Michigan and Minnesota, which is just as...
  7. C

Port Bruce Yesterday

Made my second trip to Port Bruce Tuesday afternoon, As usual I was out for cats and they cooperated. I caught several big ones around 30", a couple a little smaller along with two huge Drum/sheephead, one over 30". One big cat got off just out of reach of my net and another unseen broke the...
  8. C

Port Bruce/Burwell marinas.

When do the marinas at Port Burwell and Port Bruce open for the season, and if open now (April 29), do they have bait for sale? Has anyone been out fishing from the piers there? Looking to get out ASAP.
  9. C

Season Opener

Went to Port Bruce Monday afternoon, once it had warmed up a bit, for Ist fishing trip off the pier. The creek was fairly clean but the lake was very muddy. Although sunny it was windy and chilly. Talked to a few other fishermen/women who were there and they hadn't caught anything. I tried...
  10. C

Pier Action?

Has anyone caught anything from the piers at either Port Bruce or Port Burwell? Looking to get out in the next few days to start off the new season. Do the marinas have bait for sale yet, minnows or worms? I prefer channel catfish, but any action will do to start things off. Also I'm open to...
  11. C

Fishing Report Out of Hibernation a little early this year

Excellent start to a new fishing season, congrats! I'll be coming out of hibernation myself this weekend. I'll be looking for some early season channel cats, at Port Bruce and Port Burwell.
  12. C

Spring time ride.

Took the trip to Port Burwell and Port Bruce Easter Monday, to check on conditions there. Water level seems to be down one to two feet. The lake was muddy, as was Big Otter Creek. Catfish creek was pretty clean. I was told a few catfish were caught in the lake off the clay banks. Didn't see...
  13. C

Spring channel cats.

How soon do the whiskered fish start showing up in Big Otter and Catfish creek? Have cabin fever, hoping for a warm up that lasts. Basesball is about to start, lets go Blue Jays, I'm hoping fishing does too!
  14. C

SCR walleye?

I'll be jigging from shore, maybe the murky water will bring them in closer. Usually if the guys and gals in boats are doing goog, the boot brigade are getting some too. Good Fishing!
  15. C

SCR walleye?

Any walleye action recently, from boats or from shore?
Back