Recent content by blackeyes

1. B

Lake St. Clair Walleye - when?

I'm not sure about the lilacs scenario this year. The bite is on. I've limited out in previous years in a couple of drifts, so not hot yet, but getting there. Yesterday it took about 8 drifts. We were jigging. I have cousins that have been catching for the last two weeks. My boats not ready yet...
  2. B

Fire extinguisher

If your stopped on the water by any of the authorities, one of the items that can be checked and required along with pleasure craft licence, life jackets etc is, is there a fire extinguisher on board, is it charged, is it the right size and type for the craft, the proper number of and is it 10...
  3. B

Off Topic Pleasure Craft License Renewal

I had to have mine renew by end of Nov. 23. They don't make it easy. Web site says free but every time I tried to log in it was on a third party service web site. Something like when you want to book a motel room and those companies pirate in on a motel sites and makes you think your dealing...
  4. B

Off Topic Valentines Flight

Enjoy your holiday
  5. B

Off Topic The Emperor's Throne

The best glue I have found is Mitre Bond. It's a glue with an activator. I've done finish trim work for years and it works great. Put glue on one piece, spray activator on the other and hold pieces together for about 5 seconds. No clamping required. Make sure you get the pieces together in the...
  6. B

INDOOR STORAGE

If you cant get anything in the Chatham area just south of Glencoe (35 to 40 minutes from Chatham) a guy has a huge storage shed. Something like 80' x 300' with concrete floor and he stores boats and trailers. Don't know prices but word is he is very reasonable. McCallum Farms and Sales...
  7. B

Family favourite launches on Erie (clean toilets etc.)?

I agree Leamington is one of the best that I've experienced on Erie or Ontario and their washrooms/showers, parking area, launch and grounds are very clean. My wife and I take our boat to Leamington for for the Canada weekend most years as they have a great fireworks display. They also have...
  8. B

Stolen boat trailer

Sometime Thursday or Friday someone decided they needed my boat trailer more than me. Taken off my property on Pratt Siding Rd near Longwoods Rd. Wardsville. It was a project trailer. I purchased it for a 14' aluminium boat I have. Trailer had been stripped of most parts like the bunks and...
  9. B

Off Topic Looking for a full parts motor or some place that salvages/sells outboard parts

Luken Marina at Lighthouse Cove. They do a lot of salvage work. Might be a little out of the way for you but if they have what you need is it. I've had good results with them over the years when needing parts for different boat motors.
  10. B

Off Topic ATV insurance ?

Got my best quote from TD and they have coverage for on the ice
  11. B

Fishing Report St Clair Musky Thread

Was out Friday, launched at Belle River with a friend who wanted to try musky fishing in his boat. I have the tackle so it was a good fit. NE wind and the lake was pretty rough. Some waves pushing three footers. Weeds were bad in close, 10' to 12' of water so worked the 14' to 17'. Had to pull...
  12. B

Minnows

I'd be interested in that recipe, please and thankyou
  13. B

St. Clair River

Out with a cousin Wednesday at Mooretown, 7 nice eaters, jigging. Thursday my boat with a friend, Mooretown again, only 3 jigging. Water temps getting into the high forties. Will be trying harnesses next trip out.
  14. B

Dum question on salmon trolling reels

Did a salmon charter off the west coast of Victoria Island a few years back and the captain said that's what pretty much all the charter boats use out there. Wife and I hooked up on 57 coho on a 6 hour tour. The centre pin reels at 1 to 1 ratio are an awesome and fun reel to fight salmon. If I...
  15. B

Fresh is best...

Got out today to and your right, there fun to catch but love eating them more. First feed in a couple of years so they tasted sooo goood.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks