Port Glasgow - Webcam

snaapz

I couldn't find any existing threads for this and I thought this was worth sharing. Being in London I like webcams as they can save me a 1 hr drive to the lake just to see rollers and/or 3' chop...

'Port Glasgow Yacht Club' has a new and free to access webcam, it's one of the best cams I've found. Via the app store I downloaded the 'vimtag' app onto my iPhone and then I use the login/password PGYC gives on their webpage.

Port Glasgow is between Erieau and Port (Stanley/Bruce/Burwell).

http://portglasgowyachtclubandmarina.ca/

Select your mobile device or computer from the list of free downloads here.

Once installed, use the following credentials to login.
Username: pgyc1958
Guest Password: pgycpgyc

I've only tried it on my iPhone with the Vimtag app which I installed using the "App Store' on my iPhone . I check it several times a day and it's always been up.

yesterday I could not get the windows application to work, but today it has worked, have it on my phone and now laptop. Thank you.

Awesome thanks, better than a Christmas present.

Thank you for this. Anyone know of any other shoreline cameras? I've got old cut but would like to find one for bruce, Burwell and colchester

Could not get it to download the other day but after several more tries this morning I finally got it downloaded. This is one of the nicest webcam shots I have seen to date and will be a great addition to the arsenal of apps I already use for determining going fishing or not. Nothing like a live shot and Port Glasgow is one of the ports close to home that I frequent every season so thank you PGYC! ?:D

It is definitely a good feature/added value on PGYC's part; they are only 15-20 min further than my usual Port Stanley so I will likely visit their site a few times this year (and spend money there).

Glad some people are enjoying it, gotta thank PGYC.

BUT WARNING this live cam is also torture... I'm stuck at work all day looking at this beauty.... finally warm, calm, dry.

View attachment 13877
A beautiful photo :oops: & I am surprise that @Wave Runner isn’t in the photo leaving the Port!!? lol :ROFLMAO: :whistle:;)Just kidding @Wave Runner ??and I know that you will be using this boat ramp a lot,and likely myself as well,once the walleye’s move east from the Colshester area.Tight lines & walleye’s on!!o_O:p?????:D

It is definitely a good feature/added value on PGYC's part; they are only 15-20 min further than my usual Port Stanley so I will likely visit their site a few times this year (and spend money there).
It’s a great port,especially the in or out boat ramps,plus the snack bar there as well!! :p?:giggle:

Back