Youth heritage days "repealed?"

Landlocked

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone heard anything about the youth heritage days being repealed for the upcoming season? We read one sentence about it in the recent OOD magazine but haven't seen anything officially online. I know there are differing views on it but it sure is an awesome opportunity for the young hunters.

My boys each shot their duck on heritage days in the unit. I hope there will still be an early youth only day available for them. It was always such a great opportunity to teach the next generation. A day where the focus is on the apprentice hunter, when the kids don't have to compete with the adults and can have hunt of their own. Where hopefully they shoot a first bird and make a life long memory.

Kids can have every day during the season to shoot there first duck, it shouldn't take a special day once a year for someone to take there children, nephews, nieces or friends kids out duck hunting,

Thanks OCLP, that's too bad but obviously out of our control, at least there won't be any complaints or excuses on opening day at the unit this year :LOL:

It just wouldn't be Opening Day if there wasn't "complaints and excuses" . LMAO ! Too bad for the kids as it was all about them ! I know since it started it was always filled to capacity and that the LPWA and Delta Waterfowl made sure it ran smoothly. Which brings us to the question ; Why did we not hear from them (LPWA/Delta Waterfowl) regarding this and the question of the Feed Ponds being done away with ?

my understanding is the feed permits were put on hold as a result of the avian flu. Hopefully once this passes they continue to allow feeding in the future.

I too have my "understandings" and by seeing something in print from one of them (CWS, LPWA, Delta Waterfowlers) would remove any misunderstandings.

I have searched online but nothing pops up regarding the Feed Pond question. I was hoping someone local on this site might have info to share about this rumour because at this point that's all it is. Maybe next time I'm down to The Point I will stop at the CWS office on the Causeway and ask.

LoL ! I may even post their reply ? LoL !

last night around 4 was the first time anyone knew, having dinner with a local club manager he got a email saying feed ponds are a no go,

Interesting ? So a public statement should be forthcoming from the CWS one would think ? Maybe the OFAH will run a story in the next OOD magazine ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks