You Guy's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect when you are sick, you go to the doctor to get better. I can't for the life of me understand why, when you are (probably) healthy, you won't listen to the doctor's advice on how not to get sick (and potentially far worse)?
When we use the actions of others to justify our position, we are rationalizing or actions. Making justifications using others who are not abiding by the rules is faulty, and leads to illegitimate outcomes. Apply the same justifications to your terrorist example - why shouldn't the next person who is pissed at a government decision, take a similar course of action or use a gun, for instance? What type of rationalizations did the terrorist require to decide that attacking another human being is a just course of action? Dear Abby used to say - your right to swing your arm ends at the other person's nose. People who are not following the current restrictions are spreading the virus. Not every person, but as we have no effective way of identifying if who is and who isn't, it only makes sense to stop feeding the virus to new hosts - because that is what it needs to survive.
And as John Prine (may he recover soon and fully) stated

Unhappy, unhappy
You have no complaint
You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't
So listen up buster, and listen up good
Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood
Love John Prine

I think the best thing they could do is give people 5 days to stock up then close everything for 14 days but then again maybe i.m way off base
Yes way off base. Cant close down until the $$$ starts to flow. Some People live pay check to check and have to eat. Will cause anarchy. Until the government starts sending money.. they know they cant

In a way, I envy many of you, I was born in Soviet Union, my kids were born in Canada. This is a wonderful country without a war / famine in generation. So I can understand when an elected official tells you something scarry and you are getting spooked and follow what you are being told, and pile up on people who do not. That's ok. I understand.

The government went too far with the bans. Way too far. This will eventually be over without any impact by the fishermen community and people who go and launch a boat on marina and go fishing. It will probably be another SARS-like wave. I am wondering what will be the unemployment rate once this is over, and how many people will have health consequences because of being unemployed or neglected over this coronavirus. And that's the stuff that is very scary.

I did not mean to upset some of you but feel free to pile up on me, I'd understand. Cheers.

In a way, I envy many of you, I was born in Soviet Union, my kids were born in Canada. This is a wonderful country without a war / famine in generation. So I can understand when an elected official tells you something scarry and you are getting spooked and follow what you are being told, and pile up on people who do not. That's ok. I understand.

The government went too far with the bans. Way too far. This will eventually be over without any impact by the fishermen community and people who go and launch a boat on marina and go fishing. It will probably be another SARS-like wave. I am wondering what will be the unemployment rate once this is over, and how many people will have health consequences because of being unemployed or neglected over this coronavirus. And that's the stuff that is very scary.

I did not mean to upset some of you but feel free to pile up on me, I'd understand. Cheers.
The one thing we still have is our opinions and we're all entitled to them. That being said if these precautions were not being taken and it becomes far worse are you going to bash the government for not taking action? Oh and this has already surpassed deaths and infections of what SARS was so that ship has sailed. The laws are the laws so either follow them or you pay they price....pretty simple

@vmuravin don't know if you have actually looked at the data, have a look at the link below. Data is relative to reporting, you don't report honestly or test a lot of the population, the data looks good.

Honestly reported, and thorough testing, things are pretty grim.

You're voicing an opinion or assumption, take your pick.

Covid-19 Dashboard

This is the reality of what is happening out there.

Tell the families of the dead and dying, the gov't has gone too far.

So, Vmuravin, not sure I understand what you mean by this? Not picking on any country here, you mentioned your Soviet Union roots, my point is it could be any country, guessing you came here cause it looked, and is a GREAT place to live.
You go from the government went way to far, to the UE rate will rise, seem's you skipped the death rate? There is no play book on this shit, if we went to far, but stop it, going to cost alot for along time, but we are here. Your words, it will probably be, another sar's? Really, probably be another Sar's? Already past that, and I think I'll get my info from the Government, and the health official's, not a whiney Sheila that can't go fishing??
Please stay home, CM

This thing is far more scary then sars, ask any of our hero's that are working in the health care system, a nurse I know says she goes to work scared , scared she will take this thing home scared she will not make it thru this pandemic , but she is proud of what she does and proud of her fellow health care workers, she is also proud of our government for making the hard choices she just wishes the government had shut things down sooner, she is an angler and when this thing is under control she just wants to go fishing

My wife was in China adopting our second child during Sars. Your comment clearly shows you have no knowledge of the difference between the epidemic that was SARS, and the Pandemic that is COVID. And I'll warrant that in Russia you would not be permitted to voice the opinions in the open forum of the internet that contradicts the government that you do with such ease here. I know first hand you cannot in China - the government controls the message. At the same time, it explains your innate distrust of public officials. I encourage you to spend some of your time in isolation investigating the role of the press in a democracy, and how it shapes both sides of democratic countries. And why a free unfettered press is essential for our freedoms to survive. I also invite you to take a look south of the border and see the results of what happens when those in power state that this is no more serious than the flu and will pass over. Search that government's initial comments on the seriousness of this issue, the results, and the change in tone, as they face the possibility that failing to apply the scientific principles will result in upwards to 1 million deaths. If you are familiar with Harlon Ellison, he summed up positions such as the one you are presenting here with a cutting edge. Having said that I will now take George Carlin's advice on such matters, and leave you to carry on with your beliefs.

My wife was in China adopting our second child during Sars. Your comment clearly shows you have no knowledge of the difference between the epidemic that was SARS, and the Pandemic that is COVID. And I'll warrant that in Russia you would not be permitted to voice the opinions in the open forum of the internet that contradicts the government that you do with such ease here. I know first hand you cannot in China - the
government controls the message. At the same time, it explains your innate distrust of public officials. I encourage you to spend some of your time in isolation investigating the role of the press in a democracy, and how it shapes both sides of democratic countries. And why a free unfettered press is essential for our freedoms to survive. I also invite you to take a look south of the border and see the results of what happens when those in power state that this is no more serious than the flu and will pass over. Search that government's initial comments on the seriousness of this issue, the results, and the change in tone, as they face the possibility that failing to apply the scientific principles will result in upwards to 1 million deaths. If you are familiar with Harlon Ellison, he summed up positions such as the one you are presenting here with a cutting edge. Having said that I will now take George Carlin's advice on such matters, and leave you to carry on with your beliefs.

I don’t think you have to look south of the border to see government not take this serious initially . The states took precautions while our biggest concern here was to not appear racist . Better lock her down stomp

I am a Nurse at the hospital in London. I was also on a SARS team. This is different.
SARS was serious but containable, and the #s of people infected were minuscule compared to this.
Look across at NYC and see what can and might be ahead. They are overwhelmed already. They are begging for 45,000 extra health care workers....Drs, Nurses, RTs
London is already preparing to open a field hospital at the Western Fair Grounds...500 beds with more available.
Ive been at home as I had to get tested--negative...but work is beyond scary. Never have I been worried I might die because of work...now its for real.
When I go back next week, I'll be wearing a full P100 cannister respirator, goggles, gloves, etc. If it gets worse I may not come home..Ill stay where ever.
All stores are closed to shopping in person today...Can Tire, Copps, TSC...all of them.
If we get fishing this summer, its because we got a little bit of a miracle.

Sorry if my previous post upset you.
Your not going to go to the trailer park's, trying to find hidden ramps still open, won't work. Why can't you just stop, why is this even a disscussion? Stay home, save others?

Quit being such a troll and mind your business, I got into a couple yesterday on the bay, found a open ramp and got dinner, what did you eat?
39440BE4-18E2-4AFC-9B83-8A3E983A74A7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks