Fishing Report Yesterday Maitland Report

Yes @Red Hering the fish were much deeper Saturday 63-65 ft and laying on bottom. They did start coming up while we were fishing and I heard back later in the evening that the walleye were much higher later in the day.

I am planning for next week and then likely pulling the boat.. Gonna take me months to clean it LOL.
SUNDAY NOT SATURDAY LOL

Are you using a snap weight to get your depth or an inline sinker between the braid and floro? What size and shape blades? Ive trolled harnesses multiple times with ZERO to show for it. Always figured I was doing something wrong and have stayed almost totally with plugs as a result. Harnesses are a lot easier on the wallet - RRFs cost a lot and most of my chrome ones are not chrome anymore thanks to gator teeth! (thats not a complaint!)
I was using the large Erie blades, package says Colorado NO 6, they are a bit bigger than a toonie. I make my own harness 1 single hook and 1 treble, white blades I got from Pro's Tackle. My harness are about 24" long. I put a 1 oz. bell sinker on my snap swivel that my harness was snapped on. My buddy was using a 3 way swivel with a 2' dropper line and 1 oz bell sinker then his harness after that. We keep letting line out slowly till it hit bottom then close the bail. drifting kept it up off the bottom I would bull back on the rod slowly then let it drop back then wind up a pit then let back out. doing that triggered a bite. The amount of line I had out was a guess,:unsure: I think at one point I had out 200 feet or more. :D
All the fish I was marking were down near bottom.
This was from the first spot we jigged, only got one and a few sheephead so we moved out deeper to 80 plus feet.
HraBHqc.jpg

If we get out tomorrow and not to rough I'll try and take a few pictures if the guys want to jig or drift fish.
I think they just want fish to take home, they may only want to do the trolling thing. :D

Last edited:
Got our Walleye limit yesterday drifting with a worm harness and 1 oz sinker with spinning rod&reel out in 80 plus feet.
At times as wind slowed I set my elec at 1 to 3 speed, wind pushed us westward.
Was nice to not use riggers or dipsy. We also caught a few sheephead in the mix.
I was out in 80 yesterday also and tried calling you on vhf...,l.

I was out in 80 yesterday also and tried calling you on vhf...,l.
I don't have a VHF hooked up, Not many people use them anymore since cel phones have been more popular.
I was out there again today but it was pretty rough going out, took me about a half hour to get out to 70'. Very few boats out this morning. Saw a white boat and red one near me crashing through the waves going out. Don't know how they made out but we end with a 3 man limit at 1:30. it started to lay down a bit as we went in.

Where the three of us fished on SUNDAY NOT SATURDAY :oops::ROFLMAO: (Burwell) there was no cell service that far out.

The only thing that did work was the VHF radio.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks