Would appreciate some advice about Perch fishing

bigdog

My grand daughters want to go out in the boat next week to catch some perch (Port Bruce) I dont know were to start!

Would appreciate some tips on water depth, location, hook size ect.

Thanks

Bigdog

Pickeral rigs and emerald shiners work great and it sounds like between bruce and burwell in 40+ fow have been producing good hauls of perch it's a big lake so you have to look for them sometimes but once ya find them it's a tonne of fun.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

What I do is tie a number two live bait hook about 10-12" from the bottom where I put a 1oz bell sinker. I find this to be much more efficient than the pic rig and you'll tend to loose less bait in the process. I'll drop it right to the bottom and if you're in the right spot, sometimes it will be gone as quickly as it gets there. When I go out of Burwell I'll look for the boats in around 40fow or ask at the marina where they're getting them.

Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!

I run 10lb power pro line....then 8ft of 10lb fluocarbon leader. A #6 standout drop shot hook 12" from the bottom...then a #6 gold or red true-turn snell on a bear-paw link 12" above the drop shot hook. A 3/8oz pencil weight on the bottom...much better feel of the bottom than a bell sinker. Start with shiners on both hooks then once they are found and hitting I switch to a 2.5" gulp shiner on the drop shot hook. You get alot of reaction bites on the hook set on the gulp.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks