Wondering about kayak fishing LPB

Just wondering if it's fairly safe to kayak fish out on LPB with two 10 foot open kayaks, not stable enough to stand on but they are alright. Wondering if its maybe a bag idea. Hoping for sunday morning. Photo below. Thanks

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1580048640843.jpg
    FB_IMG_1580048640843.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 29
If you dont feel safe you shouldent do it. That being said rowen always has lots of kayaks near the shore. You could also try putting in in the river in port royal calmer waters.

Sunday should be calm enough. And I’ve been in the bay many times on a kayak. However the one thing to watch out for is idiot boat and jet ski drivers who just are cruising around for run in the shallows as on weekends there seems to be a lot of those who don’t have enough sense to give you proper distance and you will get some decent waves from their wakes. For that If you do go out I recommend staying tight to shore and fishing weed beds there as there should be less boats and staying a far ways away from any marina entrance

Weekend calling for good weather. Should have a flag to make yourself more visible. Maybe wear a reflective vest or something that’ll stand out. I kayak the rivers and always wear a bright orange hat since it’s normally hunting season. I also kayak off Hastings.
kayak begood in the bay right now tons of weeds. Stay out of the boat traffic and you’ll be fine

Awesome thanks for the reply, my main concern is boat wake if it can flood over the top or not , I've been kayak fishing for years but never on lake Erie. I probably cant get out on a kayak to where the perch or small mouth are ( bait island for example) but will definitely take the advice on making a flag and some high visibility clothing and stick to the shore line. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks