winterizing my etech, piece of cake

chefboyardee

this is the easiest engine on the planet to fog for the winter i have ever seen. didnt even have to take off the cowling to fog the carbs and winterize this motor . if yah never seen how easy it is watch this video took like 4 minutes to fog the carbs and shut it down . at the dock no less. did the lower end oil and the rest of the usual stuff. now back to the gulf of mexico to work i go, 6 weeks in the middle of red and speck fishing season , ruh roh

Last edited:
Wow that's cool! My Merc 150 4Stroke is fuel injected so I suppose it doesn't need this. My new kicker is carburated tho so I suppose it will need this treatment?

Wow that's cool! My Merc 150 4Stroke is fuel injected so I suppose it doesn't need this. My new kicker is carburated tho so I suppose it will need this treatment?

Actually any motor needs storage seal whether 4-stroke, 2 stroke, carbureted or fuel injected if you want to protect against internal corrosion.

images

QUESTION:

What is the purpose of using Storage Seal in my outboard engine?

ANSWER:
Storage Seal Rust Inhibitor is a blend of corrosion-inhibiting additives designed to coat engine components during engine storage to reduce the formation of surface rust. Use Storage Seal Rust Inhibitor as directed in your Operation, Maintenance & Warranty manual, following the directions on the container.

Consult your Operation, Maintenance & Warranty manual for your specific engine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks