Windy start for Deer Hunt

Old Cut LongPointer

Looks like we're grounded for Monday's Opener ! Sunday will be nasty and carries over into Monday with winds approx. 40 gusting to 60 and I am not sitting in a tree stand in those conditions. Suppose to calm down throughout week so lots of time to converse with the squirrels. I had the property logged for firewood recently but still spotting fresh dead falls and widowmakers but maybe Sundays blow will take care of those missed Ash trees.

I have a nice ground spot picked out on a tree line line between to corn fields that over look an area where in the past there has been lots of rutting activity

Good luck everyone that's hunting, have a safe week and enjoy the outdoors whether you bloody the box of your pickup or not.

Wow ! Nice stands you got there GPS. I have two steel ladder stands and two wood platform stands that I built onto some trees. All of them are at least 16 feet high.

With the warm weather later in the week it will make it tricky hanging deer without a cooler

Shoot Monday and get cooled off Monday night ( 3 degrees) and keep in shaded shed. A small slow fan helps cool quicker.

Good Luck to my fellow hunters be safe and post some nice pictures .Im hoping i dont have to run across the field in the am to retrieve my ground blind :eek:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks