Winds from the East

rockin-steelhead

Does it hold true on Erie as well, winds from the East, fishing is least? I was thinking of going Saturday but they are calling for East winds, any thoughts?

You will never catch fish on an east wind when your boat is in the driveway. I have also had luck on an east wind. I think the issue a lot of the time is when the wind is out of the east you often have a low front moving in, I think it is the pressure (or lack thereof ) that turns the fish off.

I haven't had much luck fishing on an east wind. It usually brings rain which might be the case on Saturday & Sunday. After getting skunked so many times on an east wind I told myself " No more fishing or bow hunting on an east wind". Get some "Honey Do Jobs" done so they don't pile up on good days. But that's just my take on east winds[?]

did the east wind yesterday out of maitland got skunked one knock off that was the action of the day fished midday got a feeling the lake turned and i was in the wrong zone
RR[:(

Hey Riverrat,, what depth and direction out of port where you fishing? I was up there on Saturday and boxed a reall nice salmon and a Laker.
Just curious as I may head out tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks,

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks