Off Topic Wind This Coming Week

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Myself along with some family & friends have completely depleted the tasty walleye caught during recent trips. Other family members are still waiting for their share so the pressure is on but may have to wait. o_O
Forecasts right now IMO are not good for this week.(n):mad:

Windfinder for me shows that Monday, Tuesday and Wensday look alright for now anyways.
Myself I tend to trust Windy and Sailflow over Windfinder and they are showing only Wed. as "my kind" of comfortable fishable in the Port Glasgow area. I'm not quite as adventurous as someone like @tailfeathers per say who doesn't seem to mind fishing in 6-9 footers. :)

Myself I tend to trust Windy and Sailflow over Windfinder and they are showing only Wed. as "my kind" of comfortable fishable in the Port Glasgow area. I'm not quite as adventurous as someone like @tailfeathers per say who doesn't seem to mind fishing in 6-9 footers. :)
Bigger boats rule @Wave Runner and as the saying goes,”GO BIG OR GO HOME!! ;) My boat is just over 18 feet long,so therefore I pick my days to go fishing.I mention about safety occasionally on the Great Lakes,and thanks to you @Wave Runner I like windy as well now for my marine forecast,and I am hoping to get out sometime this week & walleye’s & bows ON wether it’s on lake erie or even on Lake Huron for me,whatever Great Lake is safe for boating. ? ????

LOL. I can say with 100% certainty that Tailfeathers' boat is considerably bigger than your boat Bob. I've been out with him in some pretty good rollers that there would be no way you'd be out there, nor would I for that matter in a boat the size of yours, and yours is by no means small, and there is no way when my dad owned his that we'd have been out in it either. We tried once and couldn't get out of the channel in Bruce so quit trying and went back to the dock to live to tell about it another day. BUT, as a kid, that was one hell of a ride that I enjoyed thoroughly. Many years older and wiser now.:LOL:

Just got back with limit full throttle out full throttle in water is fine take your shirts off and get fishing

LOL. I can say with 100% certainty that Tailfeathers' boat is considerably bigger than your boat Bob. I've been out with him in some pretty good rollers that there would be no way you'd be out there, (nor would I for that matter in a boat the size of yours, and yours is by no means small)
@Trevor M I believe @Wave Runner boat is a 16 footer.I should know but I forgot.I have been in his boat twice,once for walleye’s last year on Lake Erie & a spring pike tournament this year.He knows his boat well and with him it is always safety first!! ?????

@Trevor M I believe @Wave Runner boat is a 16 footer.I should know but I forgot.I have been in his boat twice,once for walleye’s last year on Lake Erie & a spring pike tournament this year.He knows his boat well and with him it is always safety first!! ?????

I think you're misunderstanding my post Red. I've been out with Wave Runner and I believe if my memory is working today, his boat is 16.5 maybe even 16 3/4 ft. It's a very nice boat. All I was saying is that having been out with Tailfeathers as well, I know his boat is considerably bigger, and that I've been out in some pretty good rollers with Tailfeathers that I know Wave Runner wouldn't be out in, nor would I in a boat the size of his. In most things, size doesn't matter (depending on who you ask and the topic being discussed), but when it comes to Lake Erie, that doesn't always ring true, sometimes bigger is most definitely better, and in addition to the safety aspect it's also the individual comfort level. I know guys who would as Wave Runner put it be that adventurous with boats smaller than his in some good rollers that many would just stay home until better conditions prevailed.

I think you're misunderstanding my post Red. I've been out with Wave Runner and I believe if my memory is working today, his boat is 16.5 maybe even 16 3/4 ft. It's a very nice boat. All I was saying is that having been out with Tailfeathers as well, I know his boat is considerably bigger, and that I've been out in some pretty good rollers with Tailfeathers that I know Wave Runner wouldn't be out in, nor would I in a boat the size of his. In most things, size doesn't matter (depending on who you ask and the topic being discussed), but when it comes to Lake Erie, that doesn't always ring true, sometimes bigger is most definitely better, and in addition to the safety aspect it's also the individual comfort level. I know guys who would as Wave Runner put it be that adventurous with boats smaller than his in some good rollers that many would just stay home until better conditions prevailed.
It’s all good @Trevor M ? I wasn’t knocking down your post,but agreeing with what you were saying,but I guess it came out wrong.I am going inside now,the sun is frying my brain!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)??

It’s all good @Trevor M ? I wasn’t knocking down your post,but agreeing with what you were saying,but I guess it came out wrong.I am going inside now,the sun is frying my brain!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)??

I'll trade you, I'll go inside and rest, you come over here and slave over and bounce back and forth between the BBQ and the Stove making my wife supper tonight. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anytime my friend @Trevor M I drink Coors Light by the way & Cheers!! ?;)?:)
:ROFLMAO: GEEZ Red, I charged a LOT more than light beer when I was cooking for friends. It was a full case of beer (not light), a pack of cigarettes, a plate for myself and $20 for cab fare to get home, and THAT was just the friends rate. I charged a lot more than that for acquaintances or strangers. Not sure what, if anything I'd charge now. I quit drinkin and smokin 10+ years ago which was at least half my rate.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My boat is actually 16' 7'' to be precise but that's beside the point. I've reached the point in life I don't go out when it's rough no matter how big the boat is. In fact the biggest boat I've ever been on which was a group charter out of Destin Florida I got my insides almost pulverized. It was a twin deck with a 25 ft. fly bridge 65 ft. long and 22 ft. wide with twin 750 hp diesel engines. To give you an idea how big there were 91 people fishing on it as well as a crew of 7 including the captain, had a 15'x30' lunch room on the main deck and 6 bathrooms. We were out 24 miles near the end of our 8 hour charter when the wind really started blowing on the gulf. It got rough in a hurry where people were getting sick. I never got seasick but I think almost everyone else was including a few crew members that were baiting the lines and gaffing fish. The captain came on the loud speaker and said for everyone to haul in their lines we were leaving. Coming back in we were ploughing through 22 foot rollers that would shake the fillings out of your teeth. Eventually you had to watch your step or you would slip in the puke, it was everywhere. I was really happy when I could see the channel to the bay where the boat was to dock. :D

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks