Off Topic Wind question

Ticker

On Thursday calling fo 30 K west winds Friday 18 K North west
Will Thursday wind have high wave affect on Friday ? Or would it lay down to smaller size waves ?
I don't know how to call it go or save the gas money
I would be fishing East side of Erie about 4 miles off shore
Thanks for any feedback

I wanted to ask a similar question (im a rookie on the big lakes)

My uncle who fishes often out of Port Bruce says he ONLY looks at the wind speeds using Sail Flow, if winds are low then the waves are low. https://www.sailflow.com/spot/833

But sometimes I see reports on Sail Flow where winds are 4 knots but they are calling for 1m waves.

I've been on the lake when winds are very low but the water is choppy. I was told in another group that it can take a while for the lake to stop boiling after a wind storm has passed.

It's so confusing sometimes!

My boss offered for me to take tomorrow off to go fishing, I'm not sure what to do either!!!

I think the storm has passed over and we are in the clear for the next day or so... but I'd keep an eye on that storm over Kansas.... the weather (rain/clouds) out of the west has been relentless lately. They tend to head north but once they hit the jet stream they get pushed south east, towards us.

Last edited:
PS. This beast of a storm that ripped up Missouri is the same storm front that just passed over Lake Erie... I'm sure she's boiling right now BUT based on the live cam picture I posted above, it doesn't look too bad right now; ive seen that camera have much worse waves than it is now.

Be cautious of wind direction as the more the wind travels over the water before it gets to you (Fetch), the larger or more active the waves even is lower wind levels. Think about whether you will be driving into, with or across the waves going too and from your fishing spot and err on the side of caution as well. Many times one site will give a different forecast than another which makes it worse when deciding whether to go or not, trust your instincts, if you drive all that way to go and it does not look right to you, don't go.

I will be heading out of Burwell tomorrow. It will be choppy but just leftovers from today and there will be NNW winds. Hopefully good walleye chop

Thanks all
Still at debate but if we go and its rough we can wait a few hours or come back

Conditions look ok, improving as the day goes on. Not sure where the mud line will be out there tho.

Josh

On the other hand, this is the forecast for 2:30PM today; and that bigger storm is not too far behind it; but there should be a break in the weather between 4:00PM - Midnight'ish.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks