will it freeze up ?

ship wrecked

I believe the water in the marsh will be hard come friday morning.. if no wind and clear i think the bay could freeze as well ??? whats your thoughts

Last edited:
There'll definitely be some ice but it appears that there will be a reasonable amount of wind as well as warmer weather and rain coming the following days so I doubt it'll stay hard for long.

The marsh may freeze over but there are always open holes back in there for the puddlers to sit in. If anything it will push them out to the fringe.
Last look at TWN it looks like 6 degrees and rain for weekend.

I spent the night last night on the point after a good shoot on Wednesday. Wednesday there were thousands of birds moving. I did a brief tour of all the ramps and lookout locations this morning (Thursday) and it did not look good. There is a lot of ice and the bay almost devoid of birds. I have experienced these quick freezes before and ducks often just go out and spend a day or so on the lake and then come back with a vengeance after a thaw. However last nights deep freeze was accompanied by a full moon. I fear a lot of birds took that as a signal to move on and birds coming from the north may have just kept going.

I am not suggesting you don't go. I am planning to try and get in a couple more days next week. However, I am just observing that based on experience it will probably be either boom or bust.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks