Wild Day

Reel Therapy

Headed out to the fields this am with my daughter and good friend. Birds flew a little latter this am and the snow started. Several birds decided to cooperate with us today. Had something happen for the first time today... had the dog out looking for a bird that drifted after being hit, as we are coming back up the field I see a yote running across the field with my bird in its mouth!! Turns out it didn't want to listen to me yelling at it to leave it :rolleyes: anyways it was interesting to see and keep my dog from giving chase...
We ended up with a 3 "person" limit with my daughter shooting well today and we even scored a banded bird.

Tight Lines and shoot straight.

RT

IMG_1033.jpgIMG_1034.jpgIMG_1037.jpg

love the story and pictures way to go on the band if you phone it in or online you can get a certificate, where when how far it traveled yr and date it was banded got my first one a few years ago it came from the states.?

Thanks @erie feeln we got a band a few weeks ago and several over the last number of years. Lately all the bands are coming from Nunavut pretty wild to think about how far they have traveled and so many different birds from the same area.

beauty its so nice to see the distance they travel mine came from Savannah New York.one andonly. looking for one of them big orange ones from simcoe park lmao

The banded bird we got on Sat was from the same island in Nunavut. That is at 6 birds over the last several years that were banded in the same place. What is interesting is that they were all banded in different years yet all traveled to the same place. I do believe that they become resident birds once they arrive in the banana belt compared to Nunavut. I would ;-)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks