Wide ~16.5 - 17.5ft boat?

I run a Alumacraft Trophy 190 (18'-9"), with a 96" beam, very stable, solid big water boat, i recommend looking into these as well! I see Proctor Marine just became an Alumacraft dealer.

I run a Alumacraft Trophy 190 (18'-9"), with a 96" beam, very stable, solid big water boat, i recommend looking into these as well! I see Proctor Marine just became an Alumacraft dealer.
I'd say Alumacraft would be better than a Lund. Proctor must have gave up on Crestliner.
Buddy of mine just sent his 17' Crestliner back to the states, bottom split open on Erie.

Title, looking for recommendations on a wide aluminum boat for trolling medium to large sized lakes, including Erie. I like a wide transom boat as this allows room to negotiate riggers etc.

The dead boat is a 167 kodiak, really nice boat but it seems crowded in the rear due to design.

Edit: I should mention that in fact Crestliners are usually wide, but the usable space in the back is limited due to seat design. I've edited OP.
it's much like trucks or cars you get what you pay for. Do you want a Kia or platinum f 150? ...Lund makes the best all round boats we all know that. Princecraft would be a close second. Then the lines start to get blurred. Alumacraft is a good make , statecraft etc. Tracker would be well down the list

I also owned a Princecraft with rivet issues. I called the Princecraft factory and was told the boat was one year out of warranty. I replaced the missing rivet, tightened up a bunch of loose ones and took her for a test run.......returning to find another rivet had popped out. She's gone. If you buy a new boat read the hull warranty carefully. Go for the one with a lifetime warranty (not a lifetime "limited" warranty). If you choose a used boat call the manufacturer first to make sure the warranty is transferable.

There's good and bad amg ugly in everything. I own a princecraft and have had zero issue... touch wood lol. In fact never even a drop of water some a should add some so I can check my bilige pumps !
I had a 2013 gmc truck. 5.3 vortec great engines 6000k outta warranty and the lifter calasped took out the cam 5grand later. I told them to keep it. Bought a 2017gmc lol.

I have a Princecraft 17.5 long 90 beam
With 115 hp 4 stroke Mercury
Absolutely love it
Some of my friends i fish with comments
Were their next boat is going to be a Princecraft
I think it comes down to personal preference and budget

When i compared prices and features
Princecraft the one came in best

I have a Lund and love it . Zero issues with it in 6 years . But I think my next boat is going to be a Kingfisher boat .

What ever floats your boat ! Lund ,princecraft ( both owned by Johnson ) and all the others.the boat isn't what puts fish in the boat lol ...
It's you !!! Since added riggers etc...

Attachments

• IMG_1979.PNG
    IMG_1979.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 20
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks