who's stoked

paddle maker

One more week until trout season! Every time I camp that weekend I get snowed on. So just to keep people from rioting and invading my yard with torches and pitch forks I will sleep inside next weekend. No less excited a little less young that's all.

GO CAMPING! Nothing would make me happier than miserable weather. Getting to old to fight the heat, the bush and the bugs wrapped in a pair of waders. Would rather have to dress heavy than strip down to nothing and feed the black flys.

I just put new line on the trout rod.
Only thing is trout fishing is getting more like a contact sport the older I get. I come back bruised and beaten. It's a lot like work now. I also can't believe some of the spots used to go into! Still love it though:)!

Looking very forward to fishmas next weekend! Giant resi browns on streamers with a good friend is my plan for Saturday.

Just finishing up building a new fly rod for the opener....

2 weeks holidays start tomorrow:) Saturday is pretty much set but after that who knows where I'll end up. Hope to complete the resident trifecta with a few of these....

and hammer on some of these....

Load up the car with with camping gear and the boats and see what happens....

Atleast I won't be out fished this opener as I was last weekend....

....the GF has important business obligations:(

Josh

Last edited:
Picking a tributary is all a matter of timing. Avoid low, gin clear water and look for one that's dropping and clearing if possible. Avoid pressured fish and area and you'll find more willing biters. I'll be on a lonely upper stretch of a river Saturday avoiding crowds:) rarely run into anyone, even on opening weekend....

Josh

Well it was COLD! - 7 when we got on the river.....not conducive to triggering fish with our aggressive game plan...the morning was dead, wasn't till afternoon that we moved some fish. Unfortunately the GF managed to weasel out of work and of course that meant I was once again getting shown up:) only manged two nice browns to hand today, more than enough to make for a great opener;)

Hers....

My buddies...

Josh

On request of the little lady we headed up to spend some quality time with inebriated family members today....
Despite reports of slim pickings this weekend and far less than ideal conditions I buckled up the waders and stumbled down to the river with the 4wt and a hellgrammite pattern around 3:30ish....ended up calling it a day about 4 o'clock with 4 hookups on my first 8 passes:)

10 more fruitless drifts and I called it a day, heading back to the trailer for a shrimp and walleye dinner:)....good times for sure:)

Josh

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks