Which Boat?????

Helmut

Hi All.
Recently got permission from the boss to upgrade to a larger boat:D. I currently have a Tracker 175TXW bass style boat.
We both want to get further out into the lake to troll for eyes and such.
So what I am looking for is some opinions on a boat for that purpose.
My criteria being that I must be able to tow it with my F150 because i do not want to be paying marina fuel prices[:(!]. So lets hear the ideas.;)

You're going to get every boat in existence listed! What about a Lund Baron?

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_100_1368.jpg
187931_111125182274045_2211041_n.jpg

I have a Lund Tyee 1950 Grand Sport. Excellent boat to pull and handles big water just fine.

There is a beautiful 32 foot Proline with twin 300's at Marina Shores right now;):D

New or used? For offshore fishing on Erie, there's really no reason to fork out all that money for a new boat. There are lots of good trolling boats out there that have lots of good fishing time left on them. I run a 22ft Starcraft, aluminum, and I can tow it anywhere. I find if it's too rough for me out there in that boat, most other boats are also heading back to the ramp.

I'd be tempted to keep that boat you have, and pick up a cheap trolling boat just for the summer offshore season.

Helmut:

See my listing under classifeids for my Hydra Sport, its an awesome offshore boat.

Devin

Thanks all. Some very nice suggestions/
Kevin I am leaning your way it makes sense to save money these days.

quote:
Originally posted by Helmut

Hi All.
Recently got permission from the boss to upgrade to a larger boat:D. I currently have a Tracker 175TXW bass style boat.
We both want to get further out into the lake to troll for eyes and such.
So what I am looking for is some opinions on a boat for that purpose.
My criteria being that I must be able to tow it with my F150 because i do not want to be paying marina fuel prices[:(!]. So lets hear the ideas.;)

Check out the lund predator 2010 it's a great multi purpose rig if I had a bigger tow vehicle I would have one they are amazing boats.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

I to have a Starcraft Islander 221V and it is great on the big waters. I just got back from the bancroft area on a couple of smaller lakes and it was great. Made up a bracket so we could use it for water skiing and tubing and i towed my boat with a envoy with no problems.
So good luck on your new purchase

All i can say if you can afford a glass boat buy one.I have had a 18 lund alaskan,18 lund fishermen and a 20 alaskan and now have got a 2006 24.5 foot pro line centre consol and i love it. The glass boats dont pound like the tinnies thats forsure.I tow mine around everytime i go and my dodge ram does it no problem. I would say if your looking to up grade sell yours and wait till fall or even over the winter and dont forget to look state side. You can sayve tons of cash. If you want to be out and on the big pound more and want to enjoy a great ride go glass thats all i have to say.

sell everthing go on charters no boat cleaning no repairs small car to get you there I added my expenses up last year and I can take CHARTER EVERY WEEKEND and still be ahead lol but 20 to 22 foot glass boat with top is ideal I run a 25 TIARA PURSUIT heavy boat but a great ride.

I definitley agree on the glass boat suggestion. I find i get a bit green in aluminiums but not in glass.
I have been looking at new but the prices are outrageous and the deprciation extreme. So used will be definitley be the way I go.

I went to the states to get mine it was a joke itwas easy. I save close to 15 grand buying over there. Deals are unreal.

Helmut, the wife and I have decided to sell our boat because we want to down size to a smaller boat for small lakes up north. It is a 2001 18 foot,Wellcraft,centre console "sport fisherman tournament edition boat" with a 2001 115 Johnson Ocean Pro oil injected motor that is excellent on fuel.This boat has a fuel capacity of 185 litres of fuel. This boat has an 8 foot beam. It just had the original factory impeller and water pump changed. It pulls great with my 2005 F150.
if anyone is interested contact me at....perchfisher1@yahoo.com

I have a 21 foot Sylvan Skipper 4ft deep boat, 115hp Evinrude, 2 digitrol cannon downriggers, planer board mass and boards, 2 pouches of lures, 2 canvas tops, marine and boat radio, tandem trailer with electric wench surge brakes, $10,500.00 complete. Boat doesn't leak, motor is good. Send me an email and I will send pictures if you are interested. jewels@silomail.com
Thanks, Brian

Brian

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks