Off Topic Where do you guys buy batteries for trolling?

Jsyangyu

Looking for a group 27 lead acid battery for 24v trolling motor, any recommendations? People saying Costco good. But I'm not members and can't find price online.

Costco, but the price went up this year. I paid $154 each eariler this year.

Angling outfitters has magnacharge group 27. They are a little more then the Cosco ones but they have 18 month replacement instead of being prorated. They also have a much higher reserve capacity. Their capacity is almost the same as Cosco group 31 batteries. In my opinion this is worth the extra $30 for the magnacharge.

I have a Marine Costco battery and an Interstate group 29 that have both been excellent.
I have had a few Costco batteries and after 2 or 3 years in the boat they go into a tractor on the farm. One is in it's 6th year and starts a diesel all winter. I think they have the best no hassle warranty, if you have the receipt.

My Lund came with lead acid batteries and when they need replacing I change to gel batteries because I notice one fishing reel in the rod locker was corroded from the batteries while charging it seems the sealed batteries do last longer>Not cheap though.Bought my from The Battery Sell Company in Oakville

Great Northern Batteries on Parkdale.
Just bought 3x group 27deep cycle- $109 each.
Proctors wanted $169 each:

Angling outfitters has magnacharge group 27. They are a little more then the Cosco ones but they have 18 month replacement instead of being prorated. They also have a much higher reserve capacity. Their capacity is almost the same as Cosco group 31 batteries. In my opinion this is worth the extra $30 for the magnacharge.
Mine are pooched after 3 seasons and I properly charge them and never let them feel the cold. Let me know how yours are if there 3 yrs old. I was hoping at least 5 yrs out of them. Ow well I'll be shoping :(

Costco, but the price went up this year. I paid $154 each eariler this year.
I was at the 50 road Costco Sat. and was looking at them, price was $149.00 not much dif.
I buy mine at Great Northern on Parkdale sometimes you can get Blems from them bit cheaper, may have a scratch, give you same warranty.

This is a very good price.
Magnacharge Deep Cycle Marine DC27-180 $135 summer sale at Schoolhouse Battery in Dorchester
MCA 925
Reserve @25A 175 min.
Amp Hours @20A 105

Got mine at Costco in 2011. Still using them. Keep them warm in winter and charge them every January and May just before they go back in the boat.

This is a very good price.
Magnacharge Deep Cycle Marine DC27-180 $135 summer sale at Schoolhouse Battery in Dorchester
MCA 925
Reserve @25A 175 min.
Amp Hours @20A 105

Yes good deal I paid that for those 3 yrs ago now there 190$ 209$ at angling spec.

Last edited:
According to this thread, I need to be prepared for replacing my batteries in the next little while.

I guess the ones that came with the boat can't last forever. 💸💸

According to this thread, I need to be prepared for replacing my batteries in the next little while.

I guess the ones that came with the boat can't last forever. 💸💸
My experience has been if I get 4 years out of my batteries I’m doing well.

I use Nautilus batteries from Canadian Tire. I tried Walmart batteries and they were pooched within 2 years. Nautilus I get 4 years. Always keep on smart charger all summer but have to check and top up water a few times a season. I’ve been keeping mine in my garage in the off season, on a smart charger. I keep them on a shelf, not on the concrete floor, however it’s very cold in there. I think I’ll follow WaySheGoes and bring them in the house this winter so they are not in a deep freeze. Maybe they will last longer that way.

How often do you charge your batteries . I know some guys leave them on charge all the time until they head out fishing
Weedliner- Charge your batteries Twice a month in the Winter only and Once a month in the warmer months. If you have an on-board charger like I do- you can potentially fry your batteries! Good luck my friend- Walleyeman.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks