Where do the fish come from

Hello

I am new to this trolling thing this year (with a 22' Islander) and only got out a couple of times. I have two little girls under the age of two. So my spare time is limited. The older they get the more time I will have to go fishing. I hope LOL. More options for Baby sitters

I was just wondering if anyone knows what rivers the eyes and bows come from that are caught infront of Port Glasgow, Stanley, Bruce and Burwell (that is where I will be fishing). Or do you think they just circle the lake with the bait fish and can come out of any river. Im just trying to get a sense as to where to start in the beginning of the season and where to end off at the tail end of the season.
There also must be some lake dwelling Eyes because I see them catch them on TV late in the season on the Bay of Quinte so I am assuming we should be able to catch them in Oct and Nov on lake Erie

Sorry for the long post

Thanks

Hello, I believe the walleyes roam the lake usually start in the western basin/Detroit River in the spring and gradually head east. The Thames river was once a good spawning ground for walleyes but that may not be true anymore. The bows I still believe are put in around Erieau by one of the local clubs that run a hatchery. Not sure if bows are put in around LPB any more - most of the fish are the result of U.S. plantings.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks