When will the perch show up in Bruce or burwell?

Winterized

I can remember from past years that we were out perching in the end of may early June... has anyone made an attempt yet?? I would assume with this warm weather, maybe they would start to show up. Whats everyone think?

I can remember from past years that we were out perching in the end of may early June... has anyone made an attempt yet?? I would assume with this warm weather, maybe they would start to show up. Whats everyone think?
I do most of my fishing from the pier in Pt Bruce. I've caught the occasional perch in mid April and early May, but most of the time they're too small to keep that early. Usually by late May they're starting to show up in greater size and numbers, then by mid June through to about the end of second week of July they're around in size and numbers relatively consistently in terms of perch fishing (here, then gone, then they're back, then gone again, you know how it is.)

Some years I've done better off the pier than they do out in the boats. This year is going to be a bit of a challenge from the pier though I think because unlike the last two years, maybe even three, the water is really low in comparison, (3-5 ft lower at least this year maybe more and that's going to make a difference)

They should be there now ....I remember years ago going out with Horry on May long weekend and doing well for them.....now that was back when perch were easy to find and catch

Just a hunch...... but I think perch should be better fishing this year..... between lower lake level and early spring ....etc...

Ford announced today marina,s and launches are allowed to open this Saturday along with most other outdoor sports and activities!!👍

Check out the fishing tugs in real time during the day...............this will tell u where the fish are...........

June 7th 2015

haven’t done that well in Port Bruce since lol
I also haven’t fished for Perch out of Port Bruce since 2015 or 2016 either so there’s that... bahahaha

7CBB26EC-D606-4788-89A7-521B4B9E3564.png

@Herbie thats a great idea, Ive only seen that website before when the Suez canal was blocked
When I get REALLY bored, I'll turn you tube on and watch the lake freighters going into Duluth or going under the Blue Water Bridge as they exit or enter Lake Huron. I've been watching that website for a few years now just so I know what ship I'm seeing etc. While you can see the fishing tugs on it, (they're indicators are orange and small) it doesn't really give you all that much usable information. IE I just looked at it now. There is one tug apparently tied up in Pt Burwell, there's one not moving out in the lake just south of Pt Maitland, another moving at 9 knots out by the tip of Long Point, and another SE of the Sandhills moving at 8 knots and a couple on the US side close to shore. The only ones close to Long Point and Pt Burwell the site is reporting "up to date" info on are moving to fast to be placing or pulling nets, or they're tied up in port. The one south of Maitland isn't moving but recently updated so I'd assume it's out there placing or pulling nets, and given what time it is, I'd guess pulling them.

That looks like a restaurant meal Trevor, awesome
I would hope so. ;) After all, before I got hurt,:(:inpain: before I was a truck driver, :) I was a chef for 12 of the 15 years I worked in the restaurant industry.🥲🤪 (I made substantially more driving truck than I ever did as a chef and I got to see a lot of this country and some of the US I never intended or wanted to go too :ROFLMAO:) I miss driving truck still to this day. Can't really say I miss cooking, I do it at home all the time but I can say I don't miss cooking in industry.

Hey Trevor I got a question for you buddy. Is the pier at Pt. Bruce closed off from fishing due to covid? I am so confused cause I live an hour and a half away.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks