When things get cold

Minnownite

Well with winter on its way i have started working on my boat and starting to prep it for next year! lots of plans, we'll see how many actually get done. Checked bottom end fluid when I bought the boat and it had water in it. So i changed it and decided to wait till fall. Easy fix. pressure test showed one o-ring behind the bearing carrier for the prop. Got that on order. My engine was leaking water from behind the flywheel and from the exhaust manifold (so i thought) pulled the engine. Took flywheel off and a frost plug had pushed out. But the flywheel kept it in enough so it didnt leak too much. Easy fix. BUT now i pulled the manifold off only to find that its the headgasket leaking. So next on the list is pull the head. Check everything over while i'm there. Plane the head and re-install everything. Hopefully for a problem free 2020! Other things on the list include auto stop on my down riggers.. cannon mini mags, Anyone have any suggestions on where to go or how to go about this? Also hopefully a track system. And lastly change my bimini so it sits higher and closer to the front. As for tackle and alike I will be respooling all my reels, attempt at building some worm harnesses, and change out the bad hooks on old lures. Anyone have any other suggestions on what to do to make her a better vessel for 2020?

20191004_191534.jpg20191014_144336.jpg20191015_172335.jpg20191015_172344.jpg20191015_172352.jpg

Last edited:
How about electronics? Radio, fish finder, GPS?
It came with a sweet sound system actually. I could scare the fish out of Erie with that thing lol. Half of it will be coming out next winter I imagine. And hook 7 for fish finder/GPS that suits my needs for now. Thanks for the thoughts!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks