When do the fish show up at Burwell?

GMAC

I see a few folks out and getting a couple here and there but on an average year, roughly when do the fish show back up at Burwell? Just curious.

I have always noticed that when the surface water temp gets up to 70 degrees, the walleye will soon be there.

I've had a little more sleep since I last responded to this thread and I've had a little more time to think about it. I believe the correct answer to the question "when do the fish show up in Burwell" is.............

When @tailfeathers starts posting about his successes, his shadows out on the lake, OR I've had the privilege and gone out with him as "ballast" and posted about the fun had that day. Whenever one of those things happen, that's a good indication that the fish have showed up in Burwell.;):ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness tho, there's a few out there right now, but keep following the posts coming out of Glascow, Stanley, and Bruce. They should give a pretty good indication where the migration is.

Usually 3rd week of may. This year is about a month behind. Guys are great on reporting on this forum. If you follow the perch reports the walleye are not far behind. As a rule of thumb without relying on reports lilacs blooming and strawberry generally are old school ways of knowing when to wet the lines.

Usually 3rd week of may. This year is about a month behind. Guys are great on reporting on this forum. If you follow the perch reports the walleye are not far behind. As a rule of thumb without relying on reports lilacs blooming and strawberry generally are old school ways of knowing when to wet the lines.
For me in pre Covid times, rule of thumb is...........when the Leafs go golfing, (usually mid April or early May).......... I go fishing. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks everyone. I know there are a few fish out there so we decided to go out Thursday. Trolled 50-55 feet of water with a bunch of different lures and setups. 4 hrs trolling, one small white bass is all we got. I will be back again after bass opener.

For me in pre Covid times, rule of thumb is...........when the Leafs go golfing, (usually mid April or early May).......... I go fishing. :ROFLMAO:
So @Trevor M you usually always start fishing then each year in mid April or early May.๐Ÿค” When the Leafs go golfing!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜™ Sorry ๐Ÿ˜ข I couldnโ€™t resist my friend. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

WOW!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 3rd week of May in the central basin @Dmanwithnoname ? I have been missing out on the walleyeโ€™s all these yearโ€™s out on Lake Erie,and it is likely because I am still trout fishing then on some of the lake huron tributaries. Thanks for the tip my friend & tight lines!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

So @Trevor M you usually always start fishing then each year in mid April or early May.๐Ÿค” When the Leafs go golfing!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜™ Sorry ๐Ÿ˜ข I couldnโ€™t resist my friend. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
That is what I said. Remember my friend, I only have 2 seasons in my world. Hockey season which begins with training camp in Sept, and ends when the Leafs are done......and fishing season which runs from mid April or early May, depending on when the Leafs are done, although if they go beyond that I'll overlap the two seasons and just make sure I don't stay "late" on days they play, and ends no later than Sept 30 although in recent years I've pretty much called it a season in the middle of Sept. But once the Leafs are done, I may or may not watch a game, and that depends on what else is on, or whether or not I'm fishin. I'm not gonna rush home from fishin if the Leafs aren't playin.

That is what I said. Remember my friend, I only have 2 seasons in my world. Hockey season which begins with training camp in Sept, and ends when the Leafs are done......and fishing season which runs from mid April or early May, depending on when the Leafs are done, although if they go beyond that I'll overlap the two seasons and just make sure I don't stay "late" on days they play, and ends no later than Sept 30 although in recent years I've pretty much called it a season in the middle of Sept. But once the Leafs are done, I may or may not watch a game, and that depends on what else is on, or whether or not I'm fishin. I'm not gonna rush home from fishin if the Leafs aren't playin.
I remember you saying that a few times @Trevor M about your two seasons. See you on the pier one day my friend & perch ON!! ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Š

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks