Off Topic What's open on Lake Erie?

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi All,

I am getting tired pulling kings from Ontario... Just kidding! :LOL: Looking at Windy, I am thinking to take a day off and have a 3, may be even 4-day fishing marathon through the weekend but would really like to start getting walleyes as well this year.

Got a dozen of questions... So now we hear that Turkey Point Marina had enough. Good for them! Anything to fish for over there or too early?

What's happening at Port Glasgow, Bruce, Stanley, Burwell, Nanticoke, Crystal Beach? What's the general criteria for "starting" to get walleyes? Surface temperature should be what? And what boat ramps in the above locations are open? I heard one open in Burwell... ?

Thank you all in advance!

Glasgow to Erieau are gonna be the best bet. Port Stanley to Glasgow can be good as well. Crystal Beach should be heating up. 50f is my starting temp for central basin fishing, should be there soon if not already. Find warmer, stained water and bait. 20-30' of water, maybe shallower, definitely not deeper.....cranks on boards or flatlines, short leadcore with RRFs/Bombers....2.5mph is a good starting point.

Josh

Thank you Josh. I suppose you would not know if any of the boat ramps closer to me (Glasgow and east towards Long Point) are open? Not asking for your secret boat launches, just the main ones ;)
I usually do worm harnesses, RRFs, Bandits and this year I have very big plans for Salmos lures as well. Thanks again.

Thank you Josh. I suppose you would not know if any of the boat ramps closer to me (Glasgow and east towards Long Point) are open? Not asking for your secret boat launches, just the main ones ;)
I usually do worm harnesses, RRFs, Bandits and this year I have very big plans for Salmos lures as well. Thanks again.
Erieau 2 ramps are open, Stanley 1 ramp near the arena across from the condos is open, Bruce all closed. Not sure about Burwell.

Go figure looks like a great day to be out of Glasgow. :(

View attachment 41629
For a second there @Wave Runner I thought that you were going to be posting about you catching your limit of walleyeโ€™s within an hour!! ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Hopefully soon my friend & I am not too upset right now as most boaterโ€™s are,only because my boat is at someones business right now,(since last friday),getting my 9.9 mercury four stroke outboard motor carburetor looked at. Hereโ€™s hoping that we all will be out on our favourite lakeโ€™s fishing out of our boatโ€™s again soon!! Tight lines & Fish ON!! again soon to All!! ๐Ÿšค๐Ÿ›ถ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Attachments

• 51B2C6CA-7685-4EBE-BDDB-B9910196ADDC.jpeg
    51B2C6CA-7685-4EBE-BDDB-B9910196ADDC.jpeg
    240.4 KB · Views: 18
  • F0C3186A-BDBC-44A0-AEA9-2688A156CAB0.jpeg
    F0C3186A-BDBC-44A0-AEA9-2688A156CAB0.jpeg
    684.4 KB · Views: 18
๐Ÿ˜ณ WOW!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ & a very nice photo @Fshrmn4life ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ would there be a boat ramp around there by any chance?? lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ Be safe ๐Ÿ˜ท & enjoy your day my friend!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Closest ramp is Clearville which to my knowledge hasn't been cleaned out yet and the there's rather Glasgow (closed) or Erieau about 20 minutes down the road in either direction ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Closest ramp is Clearville which to my knowledge hasn't been cleaned out yet and the there's rather Glasgow (closed) or Erieau about 20 minutes down the road in either direction ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thanks @Fshrmn4life ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ & I was just kidding,because my boat is in for outboard motor work right now. I likely wonโ€™t get my boat back till late this week or next week. ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Mines ready to go and my mind says get out there but the messed up shoulder says it's probably not the best idea lol
@Fshrmn4life I remember you telling me about your messed up shoulder when I first met you in person recently. Itโ€™s best to wait for your shoulder to get ๐Ÿ’ฏ percent better,because your shoulder will get a good workout,once the walleyeโ€™s show up in great numbers from the west end of Lake Erie to the central basin & beyond. ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Last edited:
@Fshrmn4life I remember you telling me about your messed up shoulder when I first met you in person recently. Itโ€™s best to wait for your shoulder to get ๐Ÿ’ฏ percent better,because your shoulder will get a good workout,once the walleyeโ€™s show up in great numbers from the west end of Lake Erie to the central basin & beyond. ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Unless you have torn tissue
It will never heal without surgery
Like my shoulder will forever dislocate if Iโ€™m not careful
Need orthoscopic surgery
No time for that

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks