Whatbis your go to recipes for smoking rainbows?

Rylann

The silver bullets are extremely plentiful right now, and I just wondered what everyones go to recipe is.

I usually salt and pepper them and lay the fillets skin down, in brown sugar and maple syrup forna couple hours in the fridge. Take them out and let them get all tacky, then put them in the smoker at 200 until they are dry, but not jerky.

Any other recipes?
Skin or or off?

The silver bullets are extremely plentiful right now, and I just wondered what everyones go to recipe is.

I usually salt and pepper them and lay the fillets skin down, in brown sugar and maple syrup forna couple hours in the fridge. Take them out and let them get all tacky, then put them in the smoker at 200 until they are dry, but not jerky.

Any other recipes?
Skin or or off?
Pull them off a bit before you think they are done.
You will be suprised .

I almost exclusively cold smoke these days,: I used to do this one I got from a charter capt: marinade 24 hours in kosher salt & 57/ 30 water / soy (or teriyaki if you like it sweeter)
remove from brine, let sit 24 hours in fridge
drizzle with maple syrup before smoking
Filets are skinned and zippered to remove Y bones.

I almost exclusively cold smoke these days,: I used to do this one I got from a charter capt: marinade 24 hours in kosher salt & 57/ 30 water / soy (or teriyaki if you like it sweeter)
remove from brine, let sit 24 hours in fridge
drizzle with maple syrup before smoking
Filets are skinned and zippered to remove Y bones.
I am doing the brine right now. Very similar to what you put down. I used a teriyaki on one pair of fillets and just a salt, pepper and garlic on the other.

Ya gonna share, or is this like, your fave waypoint, 😏

Ouch, nasty LOL

Brine (DRY)

3 parts sugar - 1 part kosher/sea salt, he used demerara/kosher
1 tbsp garlic pwd
1 tbsp onion pwd
1 tbsp smoked paprika
cracked pepper

mix thoroughly

all approx and to one's taste

Process

Cover bottom of container with dry brine
Layer fish, brine, fish, brine, end with covered in brine

Leaches moisture out of fish almost immediately, will be swimming by end of brining

Brine for 8 - 24 hrs max, when covered in liquid add, maple syrup/honey and remix gently and completely

option: soy sauce, VH Cherry

Rinse well, pat dry, place on elevated well Pam'd racks

Wait for pellicle to form dust with cracked pepper

He has a Bradley Smoker (pucks)

130*, 140*, 170* to 145* internal max 4 hrs in the smoker

Hourly baste with maple syrup and finish with a little more cracked pepper

Used Alder and Apple. 🌻

Ouch, nasty LOL

Brine (DRY)

1 tbsp garlic pwd
1 tbsp onion pwd
1 tbsp smoked paprika
cracked pepper

mix thoroughly

Process

Leaches moisture out of fish almost immediately, will be swimming by end of brining

Brine for 8 - 24 hrs max, when covered in liquid add, maple syrup/honey and remix gently and completely

Used Alder and Apple. 🌻
Yummm. Hoping to hit Lake O Tuesday. This could be a beautiful paring with the cold smoke. First part of the brine is the same. Cold smoke followed by a warm smoke

Ouch, nasty LOL

Brine (DRY)

1 tbsp garlic pwd
1 tbsp onion pwd
1 tbsp smoked paprika
cracked pepper

mix thoroughly

Process

Used Alder and Apple. 🌻
Next batch of bows are going to recieve this treatment. Can't wait. Hopefully, mother nature will cooperate next week.

Usually I am on the east side of the point, but I might have to make an exception, maybe I can steal the precious way points!!

The waypoints alone might just cause heartache and frustration. The addition of my journal might make for a pretty decent combination though. LOL 🌻

Lol. Your secrets are safe with me!!
Now if you fished the east side.. I would be full on secret stealing, 007 on you!!!

I have used a simple mix of 4 to 1 brown sugar and salt for many years and it always turns out great. Mix the rub thoroughly sprinkle a little layer on the bottom of the container you're using and then just layer the filets coating really well with the rub. I usually try and start them in the morning and then rotate the filets before I go to bed. In the morning just kind of squeegee them off and I put them on a rack in front of a fan for a couple of hours until the pedicle forms. I smoke them at 155-175 until they're done to my liking (usually 2-3hrs depending on thickness.)

I will give that a try. I usually salt them after, but it makes more sense to mix it in with the brown sugar. Thanks.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks