Off Topic What the Gov't deems ESSENTIAL.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
So here’s the situation. There are no right moves. If the government closes too much it is too harsh on a small segment of the population. If you are part of that segment you complain why me and not Joe blow over there. They have done one thing right! Encouraged and then demanded that we self isolate. There are two ways for this to end; a vaccine that functions for a high percent of the population, or it burns itself out. Quit bitching, support our government because for the first time in my memory they have put aside party politics and are actually working for the people, and stay away from everyone so that this thing runs its course and we can get back to life as we know it.

The one thing we all need to remember is that "none" of us have been is a situation like this before. I work in the Healthcare sector providing disinfectants to hospitals. I lived through the days of SARS also dealing with hospitals. Once that was over everyone put into place "Pandemic Protocols" this looked great on paper but no one was ever able to test out the theory. Now.. the test has come and everyone is realizing that just because it looked good on paper doesn't mean it is going to fly in a real life situation. As one of my colleagues best described it, we are building a 747 on the runway ready for takeoff. While I am not a fan of the Liberal's.. I believe we all have to heed the warnings and do our best to distance until this is over, 1 month 2 months or more, time will tell, and much will depend on how we as a society do our part to flatten the curve.
Be safe and distance yourselves the best you can.

RT

Last edited:
Funny how you complain about alcohol and drugs as not being essential but no one is complaining about marine mechanics and related services being essential... just sayin...

I'm curious to see if what I move starting tomorrow migrates towards what I consider more essential than in the past.

I’m pretty sure this is just to keep the image up, economy rolling a bit and keep the uneducated masses happy.
A couple of weeks ago Trudeau was touting that our wonderful medical system has the coverage to deal with the pandemic.
Has anyone seen the # of ventilators the provinces actually have? The lack of PPE that the nurses and drs have. It’s a joke.
Their supply lines for this stuff has been cut off by demands in the USA and the world. Now there is a panic to retool the automakers to produce this stuff when they should have done it after the SARS crisis.
The only way to really slow the virus appears to be to test as many people as possible. Oops the govt fails again and restricts testing because they don’t have the needed equipment to do it.
Most people should be fine and it will be just the milder symptoms. Just make sure all the older folk are staying isolated from the population until they can access a vaccine.
Hopefully everyone here stays safe and doesn’t get it at the same time. That there is the problem!
Sorry had to spout! I hate the governments bullshit all the time!
Well said I was waiting for a reply like this, I was thinking the same thing, don’t want to start on the political points but I can see things are going to get worst. My son works at a big auto supply company in Milton after hearing of people getting sick at the us big 3 auto plants his employer were supplying now my sons coworkers of 3000 started getting sick as well, just had word they closed down and all get the lay-off.
my self drs orders I’ve been off and will be until April 1st than we will see where things are.
be safe
JJ

With all the automotive shutdowns Stelco is still producing steel. Don't know for who. May have something to do with the $200 million cost of shutting down and restarting the place.

How political things have become. I am glad that most people have learned to consider all walks of life before making a decision. As long as everyone uses their head, social distances, and only goes out when absolutely nesecary, this pandemic won't go on for months. Our cruise did not happen, cancelled when we arrived in LA, so we returned home via Mexico. Now into day 4 of quarantine with my wife and teenage daughter, god help us.

I work for one of car manufacturers,we are off until April 6.I can see us being off longer if this doesn’t flatline quickly.I can deal with bad breath and farts,but not this virus.

I have to say that I’ve been impressed with the level of coordination displayed from top to bottom in politics to date. There has been a relatively unified message from the Feds to the Province right on down to local Mayors etc. I am actually pretty surprised at the relative lack of politicking here. The only thing I blame them for so far is lack of PPE. Every province and then the feds on top of them should have a bunch of sea cans stashed full of N95’s, gloves and sanitizer to distribute to hospital staff in times of crisis. Sure they might expire from time to time but at this point I’m certain no one in the medical community would turn their noses up at an expired mask! And do they even really expire, I think not.

Just announced I’m off until April 17,This is pretty unprecedented by the company I work for.

I have to say that I’ve been impressed with the level of coordination displayed from top to bottom in politics to date. There has been a relatively unified message from the Feds to the Province right on down to local Mayors etc. I am actually pretty surprised at the relative lack of politicking here. The only thing I blame them for so far is lack of PPE. Every province and then the feds on top of them should have a bunch of sea cans stashed full of N95’s, gloves and sanitizer to distribute to hospital staff in times of crisis. Sure they might expire from time to time but at this point I’m certain no one in the medical community would turn their noses up at an expired mask! And do they even really expire, I think not.
They did have the PPE but they sent 16 tonnes of it to China. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks