Off Topic What the Gov't deems ESSENTIAL.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
I would like to suggest, "The Electric Hour" here a Stomps?
Something like seniors hour at the grocery store? Say at 10 each morning, everybody twist up a big electric fatty and we all burn a blunt, remember no sharing, social distancing?
We could discuss were Doritos are on sale, browny recipes and such, and still have time for the afternoon nap.

So, I noticed that the provincial gov't released the list of what they deem to be essential services last night earlier than they said they would.

After announcing yesterday that he was ordering a shut down of all non essential services and that he'd release the list of what is deemed essential today, it's good that he released it earlier than he said.

But after reading this list, it makes me wonder just what exactly is he ordering closed because it doesn't seem like a hell of a lot, and it blows my mind that they have deemed that because they sell what is "considered to be grocery type items" THE LCBO AND BEER STORES as well as Cannabis retail outlets have been deemed to be essential services and therefore they get to remain open. :eek:o_O:mad: I'm sorry, while I don't drink anymore and haven't for 10+ years, I get it.....but booze and recreational pot are NOT essentials.

Doug making sure he has access to his buck a beer still? :unsure:

Anyways, here's the link to that list of what the provincial gov't has deemed to be an essential workplace.

So I understand what you are saying about beer store and LCBO and pot stores but here is why if these store close the hospital and other services will get more congusted people who are dependent on this stuff and not a good thing to had to our problems at this time I work in a hospital and I have seen the effects of with drawl

@can't miss Sitting here waiting for the world to catch up, (2 days early for this load lol) I can only imagine having a front row seat at the controls of 75 feet of potential carnage wondering where I can buy Doritos. LOL :oops::LOL:

Lots of grocery stores now beer and wine,one stop shopping.Ive already stocked up for this?.Whether you believe or not the LCBO and beer store should be closed.At least they should give notice,or you might see a riot.

Where I work we supply chrome and or painted products to Detroit's Big 3 , Harley Davidson and other customers who like shiny shit. All of our customers are shut down in the USA. However we are still working at least until Thursday. I just don't get it. On our production floor we have people working within 3 feet of each other 24 hours a day. We are still not closed. Its freaking me out how these cosmetic parts being shipped to customers in the USA is considered essential. Very confusing times all I can say!

Like I just said to some of my OWN FAMILY in a different forum, these closures are supposed to be temporary.(so they've said) In 2 weeks they have to review and reevaluate them to make sure they're doing what they were meant to do.....force us to adhere to the advice and direction to maintain physical distance and stay home....... I made a suggestion that perhaps the gov't got it wrong, and should have included the liquor stores and cannabis retailers in these closures, instead of deeming them essential services, and I said that booze and quite specifically, recreational pot are not essentials....and be honest, they aren't and we all know it. Later in the thread I made it VERY clear that I am fully aware of the impacts and consequences of alcohol and drug addiction......... I did not say to stop the practice of prescribing medicinal marijuana in any way........but because of that suggestion that the liquor stores and cannabis retailers perhaps should be closed and deemed as being non-essential......everyone is coming out to defend keeping them open. What does THAT say about our society?

BUT...I've gone over that list several times now.....and I still don't know what's being closed other than what has already been closed, and to be honest I'm not entirely sure what's being allowed to stay open deemed to be essential other than clearly the liquor stores and cannabis retailers, transit, EMS, FIRE, Police, pharmacies and grocery stores.

I don't smoke pot and rarely drink. Could care less if they leave them open or not but I understand there's reasons beside tax revenue to do so.....I work at an automotive manufacturer and we're still building parts despite our customers shutting down. Essential? Don't think so....but I'll keep taking the big money and OT as I come in less contact with people at work than I do trying to get groceries. If we do shut down I'll be on the lake or riverbank looking for food :)

And with that I'm off to bed....back in to build those essential car parts tonight lol

Josh

I don't smoke pot and rarely drink. Could care less if they leave them open or not but I understand there's reasons beside tax revenue to do so.....I work at an automotive manufacturer and we're still building parts despite our customers shutting down. Essential? Don't think so....but I'll keep taking the big money and OT as I come in less contact with people at work than I do trying to get groceries. If we do shut down I'll be on the lake or riverbank looking for food :)

And with that I'm off to bed....back in to build those essential car parts tonight lol

Josh
I'm lucky, I still have some of THAT kind of food in the freezer. Not much tho, and not sure when or if I'll be getting out try to put a little back in it.

So much for essential service
Every medical service that I required to have test done for me calling with CANCELED phone calls
My wife calling them and have to be demanding to at least do the necessary test that I need to figure out what the cause is
To my issue
We are self quarantine due to our decision
No contact with travelers no symptoms of any kind of cold or flu
But if something is seriously wrong with me
It looks like I'm screwed
But hey let's smoke some ? and get drunk
Not for me

Hvyhaul, course not, to you and all still working, keep it straight, be safe, and thank you.
Meant it more to us retiree's and couch jockey's that know everything, and bitch about even more.

Im a carpenter by trade, mostly renovations. I find it funny that i am advised not to go and visit my friends and family, but it is ok for me to go to the lumber yard for materials and enter a "strangers" home to do work.
To me, getting a renovation done is not essential.
As much as i would love to be working, it is not safe for my family or i to do so. Especially being a smoker for 20 plus years (quit last august) my lungs would not fend to well against a virus such as this.

I’m pretty sure this is just to keep the image up, economy rolling a bit and keep the uneducated masses happy.
A couple of weeks ago Trudeau was touting that our wonderful medical system has the coverage to deal with the pandemic.
Has anyone seen the # of ventilators the provinces actually have? The lack of PPE that the nurses and drs have. It’s a joke.
Their supply lines for this stuff has been cut off by demands in the USA and the world. Now there is a panic to retool the automakers to produce this stuff when they should have done it after the SARS crisis.
The only way to really slow the virus appears to be to test as many people as possible. Oops the govt fails again and restricts testing because they don’t have the needed equipment to do it.
Most people should be fine and it will be just the milder symptoms. Just make sure all the older folk are staying isolated from the population until they can access a vaccine.
Hopefully everyone here stays safe and doesn’t get it at the same time. That there is the problem!
Sorry had to spout! I hate the governments bullshit all the time!

I’m pretty sure this is just to keep the image up, economy rolling a bit and keep the uneducated masses happy.
A couple of weeks ago Trudeau was touting that our wonderful medical system has the coverage to deal with the pandemic.
Has anyone seen the # of ventilators the provinces actually have? The lack of PPE that the nurses and drs have. It’s a joke.
Their supply lines for this stuff has been cut off by demands in the USA and the world. Now there is a panic to retool the automakers to produce this stuff when they should have done it after the SARS crisis.
The only way to really slow the virus appears to be to test as many people as possible. Oops the govt fails again and restricts testing because they don’t have the needed equipment to do it.
Most people should be fine and it will be just the milder symptoms. Just make sure all the older folk are staying isolated from the population until they can access a vaccine.
Hopefully everyone here stays safe and doesn’t get it at the same time. That there is the problem!
100 % agree

Well, if your spout is over, stop the blame party. are you saying any other government we'd be in the clear? We are what, Lib fed and PC prov, are you saying if your political strife's were in power, we'd be in the clear??
No matter what party was there, we wouldn't have been ready for this shit.
So in good times, what is the # of ventilators, test kits, we should have on stand by? One for one, warehouses full of PPE, and what is that number?
Ford, GM, all, great doing what they can, thats us here in NA, sorry they didn't have a supply on hand?
Relax, put on your big boy pants, I \ we didn't want this shit either? It seem's to be,, keep a calm head

I'm glad Dougie put out that list, now I can go get my bike fixed still ? what a goof. 60% of the pop. Is still working and considered "essential"....how will this flatten the curve????

Last edited:

Josh
I as a mechanic fall within the essential services on that list. GM still has barely pulled out of the part shortage from the strikes back in the fall. Common parts have still been on a long backlog for months! I have spoken with quite a few mechanic friends at other shops, most have closed or working with a skeleton crew now. My shop services OPP vehicles and Ambulances which are VERY essential now more than ever! People don't need to be coming in for oil changes and winter/summer tire swaps right now, stay home It can wait! But if people are relying on home deliveries, those vehicles inevitably will require service and parts....

As i
Well, if your spout is over, stop the blame party. are you saying any other government we'd be in the clear? We are what, Lib fed and PC prov, are you saying if your political strife's were in power, we'd be in the clear??
No matter what party was there, we wouldn't have been ready for this shit.
So in good times, what is the # of ventilators, test kits, we should have on stand by? One for one, warehouses full of PPE, and what is that number?
Ford, GM, all, great doing what they can, thats us here in NA, sorry they didn't have a supply on hand?
Relax, put on your big boy pants, I \ we didn't want this shit either? It seem's to be,, keep a calm head
Hey nobody wants any of this! Agree! But don’t feed the masses false information is what I was saying.
Perhaps you didn’t have your pants on already and read the whole thing! ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks