What is your go to bug repellant?

nubutlernin

Love fishing Erie, hate the flies! They were biting particularly hard the other night.
Would love to hear what you use.
Thanks!

Just grow some thick skin…

or learn to multi task… I do a good dance as I’m reeling in fish…hahahah

I look for the repellent that has 30% deet which is hard to find. Only lasts a short while so have to keep spraying

can’t be good for yah so the dance does the trick for me

Also if you aren’t alone I get my netter to swat flys as I’m reeling in fish

Troll really, really fast ? Otherwise I'm with Derkd9 but at 64 years old I look silly doing the Deet Free Dance so long pants, shoes, long sleeve shirt sprayed with Deet is my usual but caution the use of it on your hands as that stuff will eat paint, varnish and god knows what else that it comes in contact with. I wish I could find those replica Dragonflies that clip on your hat as they keep the flies away.

I use Kombat in spray can. Pump bottle for some reason does not work as good in my opinion . With DEET or without .
Home Depot has it at reasonable price. Very few places sell it. On-line it is very expensive.
I think it is the best , but guess that is my opinion

I use Woods Premium with ICARDIN .It was developed as a replacement for deet . I have used it on trips north and it works well. have not had the chance to use on Erie .

any time I have used deet and accidentally got a minor amount on my lips when applying to my face they went numb, and I have always been concerned about what the scent does to lures. I really find the thermocell works great with no need to put extra chemicals on your body. It works even better on our patio to keep all the little buggers away, flies, mosquitoes, black flies etc.

I bought a DeWalt fan. Put it at the walkway between consoles pointing down at our feet. Works great, keeps the flies off and circulates the warm air abit too.

I’ve got a buddy that uses Pine Sol, he mixes it pretty much half and half with water in a spray bottle and mists the bottom and side of the inside of the boat, even mists your ankles when your reeling in fish😀 Don’t do too much or it might be pretty slippery but it really slows them down. Helps with cleaning all the blood off later too!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks