Western Basin wind forecast

DSfishy

We’re heading to Leamington on the weekend. Plan to fish Friday and Saturday. Winds look Good Friday but pickup Saturday. Winds coming from the east so I’m thinking we’ll get some protection from point peelee. Just wondering what you guys think.

Thanks!

If you get your limit Friday, you won't need to fish Saturday...That's my plan.

If you do fish Saturday you will be offered some level of protection from an east wind if you fish along the point but plan 'A' above may be a better bet.

Fished Leamington with an old friend from 10:30 - 1:00 or so along the point off the park gates. Fish are everywhere, we got ours in 34-36 fow all on crankbaits (TDD-11's) 80-120' back. Kept 12 nice ones 19-24" or so and threw a number back that were not worthy. Ended the day with a 4 fish quadruple as we were pulling the lines. Had worm harnesses on 2 rods for about half the day and they produced zero fish.

Fished Leamington with an old friend from 10:30 - 1:00 or so along the point off the park gates. Fish are everywhere, we got ours in 34-36 fow all on crankbaits (TDD-11's) 80-120' back. Kept 12 nice ones 19-24" or so and threw a number back that were not worthy. Ended the day with a 4 fish quadruple as we were pulling the lines. Had worm harnesses on 2 rods for about half the day and they produced zero fish.

View attachment 14661
Yep we had similar results. Nothing playing under 2.5mph. Got 30 or so between 2 boats. All on #9 flicker minnows back 150, 2.5-2.8. Going back out soon if the wind lets us. Wind warnings in effect however wind out of the north east. Hopefully we can move along the shoreline east of the marina towards the point to get the protection. I don’t have and TDD’s #11, possibly grab a few at crappy tire today in Leamington. But man there expensive

We ran purples, pinks, blue/silver and they all worked. I think anything with a hook on it would be effective right now.

Any particular colours of cranks I should try! I am down that way next wk. Thanks Walleyeman.
[/QUOT
Any particular colours of cranks I should try! I am down that way next wk. Thanks Walleyeman.
I don’t typically put a whole lot of stock into colour, more speed and depth however it was very apparent to us that purple was out producing others. Purple flicker minnows size 9. The purple fire tiger (I believe they call it bengal). And the bright purple flash pattern.

Thanks DSfishy for your feedback! I have a lot of purples to choose from. I have a lot of Reef Runners in that colour along with the TDD-11 in purples. Thanks again will give it a whirl!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks