weekend wind

wannabewalleye

what do use guys find more accurate the marine weather says light wind all weekend but windfinder has a different story and the weather network is calling for a steady E wind just woundering what you guys are thinking about this weekend?

For wind, I go by Windfinder or Sailflow. This year has been pretty unpredictable, winds change from the projected forecast daily....

I trust Windfinder or Sailflow as well, both seem to be more accurate. Take this AM at Nanticoke, dead calm at 06:00 with an offshore NE wind, once we got out to 50 feet deep there were 1 meter swells. This is one heck of a big body of water, the Eastern end is bigger than some countries in the world. Not easy to generalize for such a large inland sea. Look at Sailfinder data, winds look localized often changing in less than 10K. I saw something like 50K gusts for Sunday, if it's only 1/2 that it's still bad.

Ya the winds not looking good for this weekend, it's to bad I was really hoping to get out there again, summer is flying by way to fast!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks