Weed problems

redriverguy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I am new to this area and have never been on the Inner Bay until this morning. We are totally unfamiliar with fishing shallow weedy waters like the Bay. This forum already has been very helpful. Our experience is primarily fishing rivers with current. We launched out of Port Rowan hoping to do some exploring of the Bay. My question is this: How do you prevent the weeds from continuously wrapping around the prop of the outboard? Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks

I would recommend launching elsewhere. The inner bay is notorious for clogging props by the end of July. Try Turkey Point and go around from the other way. Booths Harbour is better as it's a bit further out the bay but can be a shorter ride out of the weeds

drive around the big mats of floating weeds , if you feel the power drop due to weeds , stop the boat and put the boat in reverse hard to clear them off.

Blastr

I usually just launch out of Booth harbour this time of year, clear sailing from there!

Thanks all for the help. With the aid of the people on this forum I believe I can fish the bay

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks