Wednesday September 14th - Port Bruce Eyes

Fish em All

Finally made it out on the lake for the second time this year with the Green Hornet for some eyes and bows. Headed south-east out of Bruce just in front of the windmills between Bruce and Burwell. Set up in 56 fow and trolled out to 59. Best depth of the day was 58ft where we found a school of larger walleye. Riggers fired all day with one at 42 and the other at 52 feet. Caught a few on the big dipseys on 3 setting 140 back. Hot colours were Purple Greasy Chicken Wing and Pink Panties. Biggest walleye of the day were 11, 9 and 8.5 lbs and ended up with 6 eyes, 2 nice bows and only 3 sheepshead. Forgot the camera and pics on the water were taken with a cell phone.
IMG00118-20110914-1005.jpg

IMG00112-20110914-0857.jpg

IMG00114-20110914-0940.jpg

DSC07602.jpg

DSC07608.jpg

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Hey Fishem all,,,,where have you been dude??? Been watching for some of your reports but it was like you dissapeared. Good to see ya back here. Great catch man, I am hoping to head down this weekend if the work schedule will allow me to???

Fins

I just got back from a 5 day Fishing/Camping trip yesterday from the Moon River,Georgian Bay area,and it was good to see & read your post Fish em All,that the Walleye`s(large ones),are still in the area off of Port Bruce.Wednesday looked like a perfect day for you fellows to be out,Sunny Skies & a Calm Wind,by the look of your picture`s.Let`s Hope that the Weather will still Stay Perfect. LIFE`S SHORT FISH HARD!

RED FISH

Thanks guys, sorry for the lack of posts, been a rough year. We both recently lost our jobs and had to downsize. Sold the big lake rig and our 14 ft aluminum with a 9.9 is still up for sale. Going to get a midrange all purpose boat soon. Our mother passed away in June and we are still dealing with all of that. Haven't been out perchin once and only downrigging twice. Good to see the big fish are still around!

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Sorry to hear about your mother thats rough and about your job losses too.Hopefully things turn around employment wise ,glad to see you had a great day on erie.

Know how u feel-dad this yr mom last yr. I always hv a seat hr if u feel coming to pt Stanley

Sorry to hear about your losses, never easy losing a parent, thanks for the offer Horty, appreciate it!! Good to be back on Erie, hope the fishing continues to be good for the next couple of weeks!

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks