wed. forecast

springerhill

hi, as far as i can see from the marine forecast and from thw weather network, i think its going to be a calm enough morning to make the trek out to hastings from burwell wed. morning. if anyone knows differently could you speak up... im going to be heading over by myself. im only in an 18 footer so i don't really want to get in over my head, so to speak.

thanks

they say its ok in the morning but not after 12 could be a wought ride home.That never bothers me as long the well is full.Id take a closer look at marine forecast in the morning.BEWARE.

johnnyo

Bobo don't ask for gps co-ordinates,you won't get them on an open forum,instead post message a fellow member and they will give you a "close idea" where they presently are.If you do take the run to hastings you will figure it out if you have a fish finder. Good luck!!

was anyone else out at hastings wed. morning...i headed out there and arrived at 6:30am , where i thought it was anyways, and i fished alone all morning....just wondering if i had the right spot or not..
i was in 40 FOW about half mile to a mile east of the last windmill.

i fished right beside a white marker that i think is for the gas wells..

thanks for any info...

oh, i did ok...not great...brought home 37 perch and a few silver bass
only a handfull of jumbos, mostly 9-12 inchers.

bite was good until about 9:30, when the wind shifted, the bite shut off

yes springerhill you were in the right spot roughly.Yes the white markers are gas wells. 1 at 40ft. and another at 49ft.!! you can mark fish in that area from 35ft. to 49ft..the last time i was out,i found that the jumbo's were suspended anywhere from 28ft. to 36ft.,so the fish finder said!!!I did find that at 47ft.was the area where the baitfish schools were swarming the most due to the gas bubbling up as shown on my fishfinder.I also found that the bigger fish were hitting in the afternoon and it shut down around 10:30a.m. til early afternoon.Don't be afraid to move around a few hundred yards and get better results. All i ever use is pickeral rigs also,but I do change the hooks to mustads #6 and get a better hook set.The perch can rape your minnow before it even hits bottom!!!Hope this helps for your next outing,and you have another person with you(more rods means more fish) Tight lines Rob

being new at this...is there anything dangerous to be aware of when fishing around the wells, or in the area of the underwater pipes when trolling further out? Is all that hardware on the bottom ? I hate suprize's. Thanks.

Nobody trolls in that area around wells.It is mainly perch fishing.you can go out to the 60 ft. mark and troll from there.hope this helpsquote:
Originally posted by bowtry

being new at this...is there anything dangerous to be aware of when fishing around the wells, or in the area of the underwater pipes when trolling further out? Is all that hardware on the bottom ? I hate suprize's. Thanks.

RobNPerch, Thanks for the info. re; wells/trolling/perch. The trolling I was refering to was out about 60 fow....and some underwater pipeline/old rig was showing on the screen, wasn't sure what to make of it or any potential hazzard/danger it may present.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks