Weber Jumbo Joe

Crummybun

Bought a pos charcoal grill back in the summer and loved the results. So a few weeks back, when I knew I had a road trip coming I started looking for a jumbo joe. Wanted a quality portible charcoal grill. Found a used one on a buy and sell and started tinkering around. Did one mod, added a thermometer from onlyfire. Pork chops, steak, hamburgers, chicken wings. Watching far too many YouTube videos about kettles and now I'm hooked! I've bought 2 more 22" kettles and I'm on the lookout for a wsm. lol...The traeger is still the daily driver(when I'm home), just too easy, but I don't think I'll ever go back to propane fired again... We had a night off yesterday and thought well I should try some ribs on this thing. Baby backs 2-2-45 at 225° the whole way. Some mesquite chunks and the minion method produced, fall off the bone deliciousness(I prefer some bite). The pictures suck and I couldn't get a decent cut to show the sweet smoke ring. All I can say is damn, jumbo joe where have you been all my life, lol. Thinking of doing a spatchcock chicken tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-232046_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-232046_Gallery.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20221123-232038_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-232038_Gallery.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20221123-232029_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-232029_Gallery.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 25
If you like the results out of your kettles you are a prime candidate to jump into the kamado world. By far the most versatile piece of cooking equipment there is, however not portable like your Weber. I've got a couple kettles, a natural gasser and a kamado and the ceramic is used by far the most.

I am so hooked on the weber charcoal grills I have started making my own charcoal,along with the treager well you who cooks my fav is smoked prime rib finished on the grill happy grilling boys Jf

If you like the results out of your kettles you are a prime candidate to jump into the kamado world. By far the most versatile piece of cooking equipment there is, however not portable like your Weber. I've got a couple kettles, a natural gasser and a kamado and the ceramic is used by far the most.
They look awesome, Ive been watching lots of videos of guys cooking on the kamado Joes.

I've definitely blown my bbq budget for this year, lol. The webers have been crazy cheap to pickup though. People just seem to want them gone. I think I'll spend more on the charcoal then the kettles by end of year.

It's seems that all my hobbies end with me eating...

I am so hooked on the weber charcoal grills I have started making my own charcoal,along with the treager well you who cooks my fav is smoked prime rib finished on the grill happy grilling boys Jf
We did slow and sear prime rib on the kettle last week. Threw in a few handfuls of apple pellets. May have been the best steak ever!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks