weather

TMAN

How are you guys getting on the water? I keep checking forecast and it looks ugly.... but yet I see you folks posting some great pics..... how am I missing out!! lol Am I reading the wrong forecasts?

How does tomorrow look out of Burwell?

Some of the sites I look at are saying light NE to E winds Sunday through Wednesday. (light enough that I'd be sitting on the pier) Others are saying something totally different (stronger winds from a totally different direction that will definitely keep me off the pier) So as usual, I'm going to trust my eyes and make a decision based on what the tree tops are doing.

How are you guys getting on the water? I keep checking forecast and it looks ugly.... but yet I see you folks posting some great pics..... how am I missing out!! lol Am I reading the wrong forecasts?

All I can tell you is that most times I've been fishing this year, which is far less than I had been last year by this time, what the forecast has said, and the reality is two different things. It's either been rain when they say it's gonna be sunny, stronger winds and from a totally different direction than they tell us they're going be.

When I've decided to go to the pier in Pt Bruce, I haven't been chased off it yet, but the wind and lake conditions have not been what I expected when I got there and for as many times as I have gone, the forecast has kept me from going just as many times, if not more. I'm wondering how many times I could've and should've gone this year that I didn't because as usual, weather man can't ever seem to get it right in the summer, but ALWAYS gets it right in the winter. They tell us in winter it's gonna snow, and it snows, but in summer they tell us it'll be light winds and sunny, a perfect day to get out, and its cloudy (raining) and too windy to even think about going.

Looking at the tree tops in town won't help much early in the year. With surface temps differing greatly between land and water this time year the air currents can vary significantly. It's not uncommon for it to be breezy inland but calm over the lake in spring time ;)

Josh

Looking at the tree tops in town won't help much early in the year. With surface temps differing greatly between land and water this time year the air currents can vary significantly. It's not uncommon for it to be breezy inland but calm over the lake in spring time ;)

Josh
lol. I've always found it to be the opposite. Nothing happening in town, windy at the lake.

I was supposed to be attending a family get together today, but that was cancelled due to the rain in the forecast for today. BUT, it hasn't rained here yet but I did see pictures on facebook of the ponding on the roads in Pt Stanley earlier today, (that's not where the get together was) but because it was cancelled, that will allow me to go fishing sometime this week if the weather cooperates and does what they say its going to in the forecast.

Such a challenge to decide. Planning on going tomorrow, but of course forecasts are variable with a chance of everything. Could be a 45 minute trailer the boat run.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks