Weather tomorrow, Sat Sept 19

vmuravin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hi All,

I am looking at the Windy and it tells me that in the area of Burwell/Bruce/Stanley/etc the wind slows down during the night. Same for Jordan on Lake O. The wind direction is not of those we should ignore... So how long does it take for the waves to actually slow down? A couple of hours?

Thank you in advance.

I’m going to check the buoy tonight before bed
If I like what I see I’m planning to go early in the morning. If I don’t like what I see when I wake up I go back to sleep and check again
But I think no matter what by noon it should be good

yesterday caught me off guard was forecasting 10knots with an increase to 15 by 10pm
But by 6pm it jumped up to 20knots

yesterday caught me off guard was forecasting 10knots with an increase to 15 by 10pm
But by 6pm it jumped up to 20knots
... which is why I don't even bother when the projected wind is 15+ km/h, but in this instance, I am asking because I have to be out of the water, in my car, driving home, by 3 PM so I am thinking whether I can go early like 7 am and get the max out of the day or if the weather won't normalize by 10-11 am, I won't bother this time as well... Next week however looks great :)

... which is why I don't even bother when the projected wind is 15+ km/h, but in this instance, I am asking because I have to be out of the water, in my car, driving home, by 3 PM so I am thinking whether I can go early like 7 am and get the max out of the day or if the weather won't normalize by 10-11 am, I won't bother this time as well... Next week however looks great :)
Yes that’s a bonus for next week.
if my limit was 15km/hour I would have only gone out twice this season rather then the 15 or so times I did make it out.
my work schedule limits me to every other weekend and every other evening during the week weather permitting. So as you can imagine I miss out on a lot of the less then 15km/hr days.
I hope you are able to get out tomorrow morning.
I will message you later tonight how I feel about the early morning.
forecast 9knots should be good to fish
But that is over your 15km/hour threshold but it is from the North so shouldn’t be too rough and the forecast is suppose to decrease into the afternoon so should be safe.

Just think a 12knot east wind will make bigger waves then that

Just think a 12knot east wind will make bigger waves then that
I get that,I’m like most here,just trying to get out one more time.I probably make the drive if it stays the same or gets better.Im working Saturday unfortunately.

Yeah, if you use winfinder you want to use the map function. See where the site they make the report is. Burwell and Maitland (and Vineland, if you are looking at Jordan) for instance are basically on shore. So an off shore wind will mean they report 0 to 0.3 foot. But if you are heading 5+ miles off shore things will be a little different. For Erie you want to include the port Stanley buoy and the east lake erie buoy. That will give you an idea and those two points. They also have live reports as well as the forecast. You can also text the buoy and get the most recent report.

Thats why I fish inland lakes now
F...... wind ,even today the small lake had white caps on it
But we did get some nice fish today from noon till 4 pm than had enough of being pushed around
Unfortunately I don't have the time and can't justify the long drive for a a few hours for maybe it will be OK wind and waves
Good luck to you guys if you go

Attachments

• 20200918_154753.jpg
    20200918_154753.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200918_120828.jpg
    20200918_120828.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200918_112908.jpg
    20200918_112908.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 71
We are all trying to get our best given the circumstances... but no, I won't go tomorrow. Does not look too good. Sunday is a different story on Lake O but it is another 36 hours...

Thats why I fish inland lakes now
F...... wind ,even today the small lake had white caps on it
But we did get some nice fish today from noon till 4 pm than had enough of being pushed around
Unfortunately I don't have the time and can't justify the long drive for a a few hours for maybe it will be OK wind and waves
Good luck to you guys if you go
been wanting to give my fall pier spot for perch a shot----every time it looks good they slip in that E word into the forecast---experience tells me might as well stay home cuz they wont play in that

Hi All,

I am looking at the Windy and it tells me that in the area of Burwell/Bruce/Stanley/etc the wind slows down during the night. Same for Jordan on Lake O. The wind direction is not of those we should ignore... So how long does it take for the waves to actually slow down? A couple of hours?

Thank you in advance.
Will be a game time decision for me tomorrow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks