Wave Runner has enough of the Erie waves!!!!!!

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
The lake as far as one can see is dark chocolate milk with waves at the PS weather Buoy 13 ft.+ this morning. ? All this week sites are forecasting more of the same but hopefully LP Bay will be fishable for the pike tourney next Saturday fishing with @Red Hering out of his boat, I hope.? It's been a great year once again for walleye but I'm winterizing my boat this week considering the rotten forecasts.
As Popeye the sailor man would say "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more." ?
!cid_D72ECFF68DA74BAAA55E74BF86DC2678@IvanW.jpg

Last edited:
At this time of year, you're running away from the waves instead of through them @Wave Runner . Can't say as I blame you. With that East wind honking all day Friday and Winnipeg blanketed in heavy snow, it looks like the weather is turning. Hopefully we get some Indian Summer next Saturday for the rescheduled Pike Classic.

That is surely an angry lake this morning! Perhaps our approach to pleasing Mother Nature is all wrong. I'm think'n maybe what she needs is a...Girl Friend...spice up her life a bit! Regardless, Mother Nature, enough already!!!

The lake as far as one can see is dark chocolate milk with waves at the PS weather Buoy 13 ft.+ this morning. ? All this week sites are forecasting more of the same but hopefully LP Bay will be fishable for the pike tourney next Saturday fishing with @Red Hering out of his boat, I hope.? It's been a great year once again for walleye but I'm winterizing my boat this week considering the rotten forecasts.
As Popeye the sailor man would say "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more." ?
View attachment 18659
Sorry to read that you are winterizing your boat this week @Wave Runner :( but understandable with these nasty winds everyday which is of course not helping at all to extend our boating season. Lets hope for good conditions for sure @Wave Runner for the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic next saturday,and I hope that the forecast for next saturday as of now on Sailflow are wrong,and trophy ? pike ON!! ? ??:cool:

In the central basin there's a tiny window Tuesday morning that may be fishable but other than that it looks horrific all week. Even if one could fish it may be mud all the way to 70 ft.

Screenshot (10).png

So, what you're trying to tell me is that I haven't missed anything this year by calling it a season when I did.;)

It was too windy more often than it wasn't to go sit on the pier in Pt Bruce, and it only got worse once October got here. Seems mother nature decided this was the year she was going to have an attitude, and someone CLEARLY pissed her off, because she's been huffing and puffing all year and everyone has fallen victim to her wrath and been forced at one point or another to stay off or away from the lake.? ???⛈?????

It wasn't too bad @Trevor M until Sept. came and hasn't stopped blowing since. ? I just hope we get one good day left for next Sat. to catch one last wave, the "Red Wave" to catch some of your favorite fish Mr. Pike. ;)
Hopefully @Red Hering and myself can put a lock?on 1st place?? to bring home the cash??. ? ? ?

Last edited:
It wasn't too bad @Trevor M until Sept. came and hasn't stopped blowing since. ? I just hope we get one good day left for next Sat. for one last wave, the "Red Wave" to catch some of your favorite fish Mr. Pike. ;)
Hopefully @Red Hering and myself can put a lock?on 1st place?? to bring home the cash??. ? ? ?

Good luck to the two of you. Hopefully mother nature will take a nap and it'll be ideal conditions.

It wasn't a good year for sitting on the pier. With the water being as high as it is, it didn't take much for it to be coming up and over and while I am no stranger to wet feet, this year, more often than not, it wasn't just feet getting wet. Several people lost their chairs, a few umbrellas, some smaller kids got knocked down, a couple small tackle boxes made it into the lake this year (those they got back. Lucky they closed and latched them)

Last year I could sit out there with a 15km/hr wind and not get wet feet. This year, an 8-10km/hr breeze caused the waves to come up and over and anything over a 10km/hr breeze, they would easily go across the pier and spill back into the lake on the other side. When it's like that, most people would move off the pier and either leave or try the channel.

Several locals told me that where the rocks always come across the pier closer to the parking lot, that happened so much this year that a small shoal was building and there was a spot in that area tight to the pier that extended out about 3 of 4 feet that was only a couple feet deep by the end of August. Whether it's true or not I couldn't tell you. I didn't go again after Aug 12 when I was out with Tailfeathers.

Thanks for having faith in us but after getting skunked in the spring tournament I wish I had your confidence. :LOL:
Thanks @poconokidII ?? for your confidence in our team & it would also be great to see you/partner perhaps fishing in the spring and/or fall LPBAA Pike Classic’s.Think about it,because it is a lot of Fun,and we could always use more teams to fish in these great LPBAA Pike Classic’s. That’s the past now @Wave Runner about getting skunked this past spring 26B843DD-5F9E-496E-B57A-511FCD2B6F36.jpeg 13EF8627-6FE2-44D3-AF25-017178A56BE9.jpeg and think positive.Besides,I always loved the Fall fishing more for trophy ? pike than spring fishing.We didn’t do too bad in the last year LPBAA Fall Pike Classic. :D Sharpen those pike hooks & change your line & bring leaders & trophy ? pike’s ON!!??????

Looks like saturday and sunday is shaping up to be not to bad if weathernetwork is anywheres close?

Well we didn't do well in the spring @Red Hering but it certainly wasn't because of lack of effort on our part. ;) We'll chase them harder this time around while incorporating a few new twists to put 2 huge honkers in the live well that will make @Three Bouys and @stomp gasp when they're weighed. ? ? ?????:p

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks