Off Topic Water Levels

Sandhill cranes. Used to see flocks of thousands when I lived in Manitoba. I never hunted for them but hear that the taste like tender beef.

Estimate close to 1000 birds Concession A and south. Awesome to see. Just not sure why they are still here.

ya just to mention about erie high water levels continue...anybody have info if or when the submerged wheatly boat launch is going to be improved or...I checked the wheatly harbour authority site for an update..and they say look forward to seeing you in 2020..there was alot of money put aside for the launch upgrade that i remember..I sent a message via facebook telling them fishermen are waiting long enough..

At least the lake is ice free so far but that is a double edged sword. Shore ice would help protect from erosion but by being ice free the lake can evaporate more water than if frozen therefore reducing the overall level.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks