Wanted - Savage 303 Ammunition

Buddy Boy

Hello Guys,

I just received an e-mail from my brother requesting information on any dealer selling Savage 303 ammunition.

The following is part of his e-mail:

Norah’s grandfather in Owen Sound has an old 303 rifle, passed down to him, a ‘303 Savage’ rifle, and it uses 303 “Savage” cartridges. He told me and LeBaron confirms that the readily available 303 “British” size cartridges will not work in the Savage.

And I was told yesterday by LeBaron Sports that the ammo for the 303 Savage has not been manufactured for several decades. The guy checked his store’s reference books and told me the 303 Savage is a WW2 rifle, and this guy’s reference literature told him most [all?] companies stopped making the 303 Savage ammo after WW2.

Please let me know if you have any information that may help find some ammunition for him.

Jerome

you will need to go to military gun shows for that cartridge as i am always on the hunt for them . lpgar if buddy boy does not pick up the rounds i will take them off your hands. pm me and i will pick up
if your brotherinlaw plans to hunt with the gun he is better off getting a different caliber.

Hello Guys,

Thanks for the response:

LPGAR ... I will phone you to set up a time.

REELDRAG ... My brother is going to one this weekend.

CH 312 ... Thanks for the contact.

PLASTIC WORM ... I will pass along the offer but are the Imperial "Savage" 303?

Jerome

Sorry not Imperial. They are CIL Dominion 190 grain soft point factory loaded 303 savage rounds. 1980 fps 1650 foot pounds energy.

Hello Plastic Worm,

That sounds okay to me and I will pass this information along to my brother to forward it on to the interested individual.

Send me an e-mail at thebuddyboy@hotmail.com with price and your phone number and we can go from there.

Thanks again.

Jerome

any one still have extra bullets shoot me a email not to take them from buddy boy just looking for a part box for my uncle

Hello Reeldrag,

I also posted my request on the "Hunt Ontario" web site under the "Firearms and Ammo" forum.

Go to "Hunt Ontario" and click on "Community" then "Hunting" then "Firearms and Ammo" then "Wanted - Savage 303 Ammunition".

A number of suggestions were posted to my request that you may help you with some options.

Jerome

Hello Plastic Worm,

I talked to my brother again on Tuesday night and he told me that the individual is interested in your box of ammo as per your e-mail.

However I now have a problem accessing my e-mail account as it seems to have been "blocked" ... not sure what is up with it.

You can phone me (519-586-9825) any evening (up to 2300 hours) and we can arrange a drop off time when you are down at Long Point again.

Thanks again.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks