Wanted - fishing crew out of Port Bruce

All kidding aside (and it was a little harsh), it is difficult to find other hard core guys to fish with since most of them have their own boats and want to do their own things. I used to try and run downriggers, dipsies, & lead cores all at once with 'less seasoned' fishermen on board and it seemed it was always a fire drill for me and was too confusing for them so nobody had a lot of fun. I still fish a lot and usually it's with guys who don't go out much so I've kind of dumbed it down and just run my big boards and 6 or 8 lead cores. I show the guys how to set the lines and once they've got they got it down, they can do everything on their own & I only help out if need be. Sure they lose a few fish but it's easy to catch more right now so we don't sweat it. If the fish are snapping and we can only keep 3 or 4 lines in, that's the way she goes, no worries. Whether we could have done better or not isn't important, we normally get our limits in 2 or 3 hours anyway and they have done it themselves with very little stress. Everybody seems to have way more fun when we keep it simple which is why I'm out there in the first place. If I do have some of my more experienced guys out, I love to run the other stuff too but it's just too much hassle if you need to do everything all the time and are continuously dealing with crossed up lines, tangles, and such without much help.

I know the OP was very clear that he doesn't like lead core, but it is kind of simple and often more effective than the other options if you can't find a boat load of charter captains to go with you....

Last edited:
I agree..keep it simple...work smarter..not harder..when I take newbies out fishin.. and I have taken more then my share...I run the boat.. I set the lines and I net the fish..my guest has the pleasure and reels in the fish...thats the best way to get started.. the goal is to have the guests attention & interest and too have fun..once he or she puts 6 pics in the cooler..then I might take a turn and catch a few..I been out 14 trips this season ..never had a tangle or a break off...my program is simple...2 riggers 2 sliders..and with a guest I only added a lead core down the middle for a couple hours and caught 4 ...
I am the Capt. its my boat my equipment and my responsiblity...and most important responsible for the safety of my guest.. mutual respect is a necessity.. especially on a boat out on a lake..

When I charter a boat saltwater..The captain and first & second mate accomadate me and what I want..and I want alot..thats where and what we fish for and for how long and how..and my wishes are met usually with success..and I have the pleasure of reeling in most of the fish..and my Gf is entertained with the entire experience..she is also great on the camera & video action too..and we share our catch with the crew..eveybody is happy..

for one sea sickness can be an issue..I always ask alot of questions before the fishing trip and explain the details of the trip so theres no suprises

taking GFs out fishing priceless

Are u still looking for weekend people?

I'm afraid I'm a little confused? I checked your PM of July 22/18 to me which was the only time we ever discussed anything but there's nothing mentioned about any stipulations of any kind let alone bikinis, ice or frozen water bottles? ? ?
You need Bernie Lomax!

Attachments

• artworks-000191400049-kyz7n8-t500x500.jpg
    artworks-000191400049-kyz7n8-t500x500.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 23
I live in St. Thomas and mainly fish out of Port Bruce. Looking to build a crew for fishing weekdays and weekends. Could be two separate crews. Hoping to enter some walleye tourneys eventually

Preferences:
- avid fishermen that like to go out often(willing to accept others as add-ons)

- can steer a boat in a straight line(tired of being at the helm all the time since alot of people end up doing right 360's)

- can quickly set downriggers and dipsies(hate it when people are so slow I could end up in Burwell or Stanley before lines are out - exageration)

- are not heavy set due to room around the console

- that don't argue with my preferences for setting lines or aren't know it alls(I'm open to suggestions but what I say goes, but don't suggest leadcore I'm not going to change)

- doesn't insist on bringing their equipment without my permission

I have a 2 cycle outboard, no bimini currently and I smoke cigarettes. If those are issues to anyone don't reply.

Please contact me through text only 226-926-6487
You need bernie lomax.

Attachments

• artworks-000191400049-kyz7n8-t500x500.jpg
    artworks-000191400049-kyz7n8-t500x500.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 4
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks