Wanted - fishing crew out of Port Bruce

I’ve tried taking others with me In the past doesn’t work , ever since that experience of lost equipment just go out with my old man just the 2 of us and life is peaches !

I suggest again.. to go out by yourself Mike and run your 2 rods and catch your first 6 pics..I was out off Erieau Pt yesterday and landed 12 pics...6 nice pics went in the box..
nothing wrong with fishing solo and enjoying the day on the water...I fish when and where I want..feel the freedom my friend..
For sure @mick and solo fishing for me as well most of the time!!

I think I know why your looking for new crews... the other ones all quit. ;)
The one reason I mentioned I don't have a bikini was that was your stipulation last year so I thought I would save myself and others time....also you were very picky about ice, can't be frozen water bottles...and has to be 3 bags of ice not 2

I think this may be your only option. It steers straight, won't complain about smoke, isn't overweight, and doesn't mind running dipsy divers instead of core. The rest would be up to you and there would be no arguments this way :

View attachment 17039
Thanks for the suggestion, I already purchased a Simrad G07 to control it. I haven't been able to come up with the other $2700 to get the autopilot being on a fixed income.

The one reason I mentioned I don't have a bikini was that was your stipulation last year so I thought I would save myself and others time....also you were very picky about ice, can't be frozen water bottles...and has to be 3 bags of ice not 2
I'm afraid I'm a little confused? I checked your PM of July 22/18 to me which was the only time we ever discussed anything but there's nothing mentioned about any stipulations of any kind let alone bikinis, ice or frozen water bottles? ? ?

I apologize if my posting offended anyone. I finally had it with the last couple that have been fishing with me for two years. The guy refused to ever steer the boat and his gf couldn't steer always doing right 360 degree maneuvers. But she could set lines better than her bf. So my comments may have been a little harsh to read. When I go fishing I like everyone to have fun including me but when your frustrated at everything because there is very little being caught due to tangled lines or lines not in the water. If you constantly don't have lines in the water that is called boating and not fishing.

When they change settings on dipsies so instead of going out from the boat they go the opposite way and tangle every other line. They also brought their own rods with mono and would struggle constantly trying to pop the dipsys and refused the suggestion of using braid.

Now I'm sure the fine fisherman on this forum would know better than to do things like that.

Furthermore, my boat isn't huge and a cluttered boat is an unsafe boat. I've done my best to organize the boat and free up as much space as possible.

In the past I have had larger people have a hard time getting around the center console so as a curteousy I suggested they don't respond so everyone has fun.

I've also had some people that refuse to go on my boat since I don't have a bimini and they are sensitive to the sun. Two weeks ago had one gentleman already to go out and he noticed that I have a 2 cycle outboard and cancelled just before leaving the dock. Not fair to me and would not have been nice for him if he got sick. Finally there as some people really against cig smoking especially the born again non-smokers.

So my posting was intended with the best of interest for everyone So that all Could have fun including me.

I'm afraid I'm a little confused? I checked your PM of July 22/18 to me which was the only time we ever discussed anything but there's nothing mentioned about any stipulations of any kind let alone bikinis, ice or frozen water bottles? ? ?
I apologize if you were not the person. They mostly fished out of Glasgow and lived near Iona station. That person we also spoke on the phone...so if it wasn't you I apologize once again

Thanks for the suggestion, I already purchased a Simrad G07 to control it. I haven't been able to come up with the other $2700 to get the autopilot being on a fixed income.

If you already have hydraulic steering which most boats do now you need an DC hydraulic pump... I installed this one
you will need the fittings and compensating line kit

then you need a tinypilot
and a motor controller

this alone will keep a heading and you can adjust your heading with the supplied remote controller

If you want to get fancy you can use a secondary RPi or Laptop to run OpenCPN with is open source chartplotter and gps navigation software.

Should be less then a grand all told.

I apologize if my posting offended anyone. I finally had it with the last couple that have been fishing with me for two years. The guy refused to ever steer the boat and his gf couldn't steer always doing right 360 degree maneuvers. But she could set lines better than her bf. So my comments may have been a little harsh to read. When I go fishing I like everyone to have fun including me but when your frustrated at everything because there is very little being caught due to tangled lines or lines not in the water. If you constantly don't have lines in the water that is called boating and not fishing.

When they change settings on dipsies so instead of going out from the boat they go the opposite way and tangle every other line. They also brought their own rods with mono and would struggle constantly trying to pop the dipsys and refused the suggestion of using braid.

Now I'm sure the fine fisherman on this forum would know better than to do things like that.

Furthermore, my boat isn't huge and a cluttered boat is an unsafe boat. I've done my best to organize the boat and free up as much space as possible.

In the past I have had larger people have a hard time getting around the center console so as a curteousy I suggested they don't respond so everyone has fun.

I've also had some people that refuse to go on my boat since I don't have a bimini and they are sensitive to the sun. Two weeks ago had one gentleman already to go out and he noticed that I have a 2 cycle outboard and cancelled just before leaving the dock. Not fair to me and would not have been nice for him if he got sick. Finally there as some people really against cig smoking especially the born again non-smokers.

So my posting was intended with the best of interest for everyone So that all Could have fun including me.
Well I for one certainly appreciate this post over your first one.? If you had of used that tone in the first I'm sure it would have come across in a whole different light. We all make mistakes and your not the first that has ruffled feathers on this forum and I'm sure you won't be the last. We have all been guilty at one time or another so I say water under the bridge, turn the page. ? Finding suitable fishing partners to enjoy your time on the water isn't always an easy task so I wish you the best. Look forward to reading some of your fishing reports, good luck. :D

If you already have hydraulic steering which most boats do now you need an DC hydraulic pump... I installed this one
you will need the fittings and compensating line kit

then you need a tinypilot
and a motor controller

this alone will keep a heading and you can adjust your heading with the supplied remote controller

If you want to get fancy you can use a secondary RPi or Laptop to run OpenCPN with is open source chartplotter and gps navigation software.

Should be less then a grand all told.
Mone is a 1991, does not have hydraulic steering. I have talked with Monty and Josh at angling outfitters and they have quoted $2700 for the auto pilot and hydraulic steering booster.

They also suggested a GPS guided electric trolling motor as a cheaper option. Unfortunately I have a bow rail so it won't work and I prefer to keep the rail.

Sorry for anytime I don't realize spell check changed bimini to bikini.....btw I don't wear a thong or Speedo either...I'm sure that will ease many people's minds...lol

my posting was intended with the best of interest for everyone So that all Could have fun including me.

I think Mike, that when you look back at this thread, a lot of people have been having a lot of fun because of it. Some of the responses have caused me to laugh so hard my wife has stopped whatever it is she's been doing to come and ask me what is so damn funny.:oops:

When we let frustration get the better of us, we all tend to say or do things we wish we hadn't, or that we wish we'd handled differently. You're not the first, and you almost certainly won't be the last to post a thread of this nature. It seems to me at least, generally when someone makes such a post, the results are always pretty much the same. The person who posted the original thread tends to take a bit of a beating for a few days :banghead::inpain:. Then everything calms down again and we all get back to getting out and catching fish, reading about others getting out and catching fish when for whatever reason we haven't been able to get out, and life goes on.

Well it made for some great reading lol good luck in your venture princecraft

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks