Walleye Spawning

twodogs

With the abundance of walleye in Erie, does anyone think they use Big Creek to spawn?

I’ve seen a few get pulled out of there. But very rare. They tried releasing them along time ago up big creek but it never seemed to take. I’m assuming the low water levels for years took away any chance of that happening. I could see them starting to run with the population boom and the high waters going on.

from my understanding.most spawn western basin,d river.and american side.rivers there are more gravel beds then are side.

Somebody posted a great walleye migration route on Lake Erie most walleye will be at the West end of the by late fall.

Ok. Thanks for the information. I know the western end gets the majority of the spawning fish, and I believe that's where the positive test results come from. There also seems to be a good population that use the Niagara and Grand river, so just wondered if the large population has them looking for additional streams.
Thank you.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks