Walleye - Port Burwell - Friday, Augut 19th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Hot...lots of limit catches. Albert and I joined Icefisherman aboard his boat today. 17 walleye and 2 bows. We had 17 eyes before noon and certainly should have caught the 18th but between accidental electrical issues and me getting a hook buried in my finger, we pulled the rods with 17 eyes. Everything worked when they were biting. 3 eyes came off the boards dragging a hot lips 150-180 feet back clean, the riggers fired consistently 42 feet down with spoons or body baits back 50-70 feet. The lead core fired consistently with 8-10 colours (we didn't land many) and so did the dipsey 120 feet back on #3. Lures and body baits worked, worm harnesses did not. Good luck....no photos...I had the camera in my lunch container and the temperature change steamed it up so bad it didn't work. We were in 62 fow SE of the harbour. 4 hours at the Norfolk General to have the hook removed.

sounds like a great day!

other than the hook......sorry to hear that

bin there done that LOL

ouch!

glad to hear you had a good trip with the icefisherman

never buried a hook in hand/fingers (yet) that's gotta hurt

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

good catch, the evening catch was hot as well, we limited in 6 hrs of fishing .

Blastr

Wow, Arnie sounds like you guys got right into them! Sucks about the hook though.You weren't brave enough to let someone on board yank it out of there huh.....lol,you have to tell us how you got it stuck it in there?

Kirk

Hi Kirk....we certainly tried to get the hook out. Even tried to rip it out. I was hoping to learn a good procedure at the hospital but they cut it out. Great if you have a scalpel on board your boat.
quote:
Originally posted by kirkplewes

Wow, Arnie sounds like you guys got right into them! Sucks about the hook though.You weren't brave enough to let someone on board yank it out of there huh.....lol,you have to tell us how you got it stuck it in there?

Kirk

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks