Fishing Report Walleye - Port Burwell - Friday, August 20th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Beautiful day, light winds and fish were biting. Not much of a problem getting our limit. Riggers, dipsy's, lead core, spoons and worms harnesses all worked. Most fish 45 to 50 feet down. Started in 56 feet of water straight south but didn't catch much until 59' and we were done by 60'. That said we didn't get to 60 feet in a straight line. Had triples a few times and the boat kind of went in circles. Didn't exactly do well on those triples because I don't remember ever landing more than one. Albert said I lost more than one limit. He didn't do much better.

Good going Duck Soup. They seemed to have lock jaw for us yesterday. Lol. Glad you guys got into them today. We are going to give Lake Ont a shot tomorrow.

John

Beautiful day, light winds and fish were biting. Not much of a problem getting our limit. Riggers, dipsy's, lead core, spoons and worms harnesses all worked. Most fish 45 to 50 feet down. Started in 56 feet of water straight south but didn't catch much until 59' and we were done by 60'. That said we didn't get to 60 feet in a straight line. Had triples a few times and the boat kind of went in circles. Didn't exactly do well on those triples because I don't remember ever landing more than one. Albert said I lost more than one limit. He didn't do much better.
Glad u found them. Good fishing

It’s super crazy when all the rods go off at once I’m like which one do I grab first way to go great job on the fishing

They were for sure on fire today, and lots of soft mouths. lost count of how many spat the hook on the way in - two double headers fishing solo, on the water at 7, culling by 8:30, off the water by 11.00 with a full box. Total in the boat was 19. Anything that didn't have a swim bladder in its throat was revived and released.
Hot colours @fishing girl pink - black and silver, orange, and, as per @jammer s post from last week, that blue and yellow firetiger bomber from Storm. 59 FOW, 40 -47 down. 2.8 - 3.2
Pretty sure my trolling pattern today was no more than a 2 k circle-
And my friend the CO was there to greet me again. Looked like he was pretty busy today - he even wanted to count mine this time.
get 'em while the gettin's good

Attachments

• 20210820_104339.jpg
    20210820_104339.jpg
    629.7 KB · Views: 31
Great day fishing Arnie. Happy to hear you got into them good in Burwell today. (y)

They were for sure on fire today, and lots of soft mouths. lost count of how many spat the hook on the way in - two double headers fishing solo, on the water at 7, culling by 8:30, off the water by 11.00 with a full box. Total in the boat was 19. Anything that didn't have a swim bladder in its throat was revived and released.
Hot colours @fishing girl pink - black and silver, orange, and, as per @jammer s post from last week, that blue and yellow firetiger bomber from Storm. 59 FOW, 40 -47 down. 2.8 - 3.2
Pretty sure my trolling pattern today was no more than a 2 k circle-
And my friend the CO was there to greet me again. Looked like he was pretty busy today - he even wanted to count mine this time.
get 'em while the gettin's good
Great job thanks for the info I’ll be heading out first thing in the morning I hope I have as good of luck as you did I know the co are only doing your job but it still sucks when you’re tired and you just want to head home

We were out too, started in 48 fow and didn't find much until out in 61-62 fow where we found a small but active school. A few passes over that and we had our two man limit.; 7 nice sized 5-6 lb fish with the rest of them smaller fish that were un-releasable. Lots of small ones today and we lost quite a few as others mentioned above. 8 colour lead was best, 7 got a few and 6 was dead. We ran spoons and redfins and the vast majority came on the redfins, blue and chrome being the king.

Great job thanks for the info I’ll be heading out first thing in the morning I hope I have as good of luck as you did I know the co are only doing your job but it still sucks when you’re tired and you just want to head home
I actually like seeing the CO there. I think its great - like, really, who needs more than 6, 4 - 7 lb eyes at one time?????? He's a nice guy doing a tough job. We've had a good chat both times this week. Can't imaging how friggin hot it was under that flack jacket and long shirt and pants in that sun today

I actually like seeing the CO there. I think its great - like, really, who needs more than 6, 4 - 7 lb eyes at one time?????? He's a nice guy doing a tough job. We've had a good chat both times this week. Can't imaging how friggin hot it was under that flack jacket and long shirt and pants in that sun today
Yup always been nice to us too never an issue. I’m usually so hot by the time I get in I just want my ac lol.

What Spoon work the best today
Well fishing girl pink the best spoon today was a silver flutter spoon. The one I was using is called a "Mooselook Thinfish". No idea where to buy them but you can probably look it up on line and try something similar. I've had those lures in my box for a lot of years. Bought them when living in Quebec and I've been living here for 41 years. Color is silver/blue.

Well fishing girl pink the best spoon today was a silver flutter spoon. The one I was using is called a "Mooselook Thinfish". No idea where to buy them but you can probably look it up on line and try something similar. I've had those lures in my box for a lot of years. Bought them when living in Quebec and I've been living here for 41 years. Color is silver/blue.
Well thanks for the info. I hope I catch. I keep trying till something works.

Was in Bruce today love it when they are biting 40 feet and 65 feet whatever color spoons or body baits. All around great day other than biting flies. Also towed a couple guys in the river with a new boat old gas gauge.

Attachments

• 20210820_154649.jpg
    20210820_154649.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210820_124215.jpg
    20210820_124215.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 36
Binder Dundat, Duck Soup, especially when I have to let Jesus take the wheel…

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks