Walleye-Perch Recipes

patroller

Fresh fillets from erie are excellent. I double dip egg and spiced pancake batter(garlic powder, seasoning salt and dash of pepper). Anyone want to share their recipes for the great taste of these fishs.

Pan fried walleye, dip in egg and milk, rolled in Corn Flake crumbs with garlic salt. easy, the best for me. Beanstir

Dip your walleye fillets in a water egg wash and then into Italian style bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet and then melt some butter and pour on top of each fillet. Now cut a block of parmesan cheese into thin strips and place on top of fish. pre heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 min. If your cookie sheet is large enough fill the other side with frozen extra crispy french fries. ( They also take 20 min.)

For something different, after zippering walleye fillets,slice fillets in half to make them thinner. Then roll up fillet spread with dill butter or garlic butter, wrap in bacon and stick it on a skewer. Place skewers so they rest across top of lasagna tray ( lets the bacon cook out of the grease and drips grease into tray) Then put in oven at 450 or BBQ and cook til bacon is crisped to your liking. Delicious little moist tasty 3 bite walleye or perch poppers.

Mix crushed crackers and flour with some corn flakes crumbs salt and pepper and a bit of lemon and erb spice i put it in a big baggie with filletes shale well till covered then fry to liking

This was on here last year and it’s all I use. It’s great doesn’t dirty your oil and tastes great too. We cut the salt in half at least maybe more. 4E0877C7-EDB2-4308-AE27-DEDFC3D7233A.png

I have WAY to many to list here, so I'll let you know about one I haven't before. IF you can find it, get some mesquite rub, and once your fillets are cleaned and cut to your liking, rub the mesquite over them to coat both sides. Let it sit to marinate in the mesquite for half an hour to an hour, (if this was chicken I'd say overnight) before cooking. You can then do any of a number of different ways to cook'em. Batter and deep fry, put'em in the oven, BBQ, in a frying pan just to name a few. Personally I like to either batter and deep fry, or put them in the oven. Doesn't take long, tastes phenomenal with a bit of a kick to it but if you don't like or can't handle a little bit "spicy" this isn't one for you.

This was on here last year and it’s all I use. It’s great doesn’t dirty your oil and tastes great too. We cut the salt in half at least maybe more.
That's all I use also... I'm the one that posted it, glad you like it. :)
A friend asked me just yesterday if I ever tried beer in place of the water. I said I love it the way it is but hey who knows maybe worth a try. If you try it let us know how it turns out.

Fresh fillets from erie are excellent. I double dip egg and spiced pancake batter(garlic powder, seasoning salt and dash of pepper). Anyone want to share their recipes for the great taste of these fishs.
Start with bite size cubed potatoes, boil for 7 minutes then add chopped onions, boil 7 more minutes, then add cubed fish, walleye, pike, perch, or trout. Boil 7 more minutes. Drain water add butter, salt and pepper to taste.
Alternative to frying.

Turn oven to 425. Get a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dry fillets place on parchment paper. Coat lightly with mayo. Then cover 1 side of fish with miss vickie salt and vinegar chips crushed up fine. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Very good and different. Also can do on a cedar plank on bbq. Got this from a recipe book. Dish the Dsh. Lots of good recipes in it

I always used the Premium Plus crackers , shake in some Montreal Steak Spice & pepper , pan fry in olive oil . Simple .
Tried a new recipe , Stove Top Stuffing for the coating and pan fry in coconut oil .
Really , really good if thats your flavour . The coconut oil calms down the strong flavour of the stuffing and if you`re a coconut lover there is just a hint of that in it .
Plus the kitchen smells better than cooking in olive oil .

As an alternative to deep fry bake fish with butter and Italian bread crumb mixed with parmesan cheese. Turn once on baking sheet and drizzle with more cheese. Garnish with creamy garlic dip sauce.

@patroller Don't forget to enjoy your Walleye Wings which a lot of fishermen consider the best part of the Walleye and even better than the Cheeks.

LINK:
DO WALLEYE HAVE WINGS? THEY SURE DO!

Dip your walleye fillets in a water egg wash and then into Italian style bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet and then melt some butter and pour on top of each fillet. Now cut a block of parmesan cheese into thin strips and place on top of fish. pre heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for 20 min. If your cookie sheet is large enough fill the other side with frozen extra crispy french fries. ( They also take 20 min.)

We did ours exactly like this last night and it was awesome!

Another popular way for doing Walleye Chunks which is used by a lot of Northern Fishing Camps and now popular around the Great Lakes is Bacon Wrapped Walleye and Bacon Wrapped Walleye Kabobs. Just
Google Search "Bacon Wrapped Walleye" "Bacon Wrapped Walleye Bites" and "Walleye Kebobs" and will find numerous ways in preparing them. For lots of Pics use Google Images.

Below are sum Video Links:

Charbroil Offset Smoker BACON wrapped walleye

Bacon Wrapped walleye on the traeger grill

Walleye Kabobs

How to Grill Walleye Kabobs

If anybody is doing their Walleye that way now, Post a Reply and let us know.

Last edited:
I made my own version of Madsens Fish Crisp

1 cup soy flour
1 cup corn flour
1 cup cornbread mix
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 tbs baking powder
2 tbs salt
1 tbs pepper...add cayenne pepper if you want it spicy
4 tbs garlic powder
4 tbsp onion powder

I dip fish in egg, then dredge.
Watch your oil temp as this coating browns quickly

Last nights walleye feast.
Wife wanted something More healthy than deep fry. So I came up with this.

Fillets were from frozen. (Now im out and have to go back for more?) Thawed in the water they were frozen in. Spread out on a pan to dry a bit. Sprinkled with some salt free season spice.

I ripped some white cedar planks and soaked em in the rain barrel for 15min.
Preheat BBQ and cooked potatoes till almost done. put the fillets on the plank over the burner on high. Close lid and when you can hear the cedar cracking douce the flame with your favorite brew. And quickly close the lid to keep the smoke and steam in.
Took about 10-15 min till flakey.

Light smokey flavour.

IMG_4243.JPG

learned this from an amish group at a camp once...
cut eye into chunks, put a cheap disposable grill on the bbq, c.t. sells them for under 6 bucks, ive used the same ones for 2 years..
have some melted butter and garlic salt ready..
dip chunks in butter and sprinkle with garlic salt, put on bbq till cooked..smaller chunks are better, let it get a bit chared, up to you..this is better with fresh caught fish..
more of an appitizer, amazing how fast the fish gets eaten..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks