Walleye on the bbq ?

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
My uncle used to cook Walleye on the bbq when we were up North at the trailer when I was young.
I’m not sure how he did it, and I can’t really ask him anymore. So I thought I’d threw this up here and see how ya’ll do your Walleye on the bbq???

Never done em on the BBQ,but done em on a flat grill seared with olive oil salt and pepper, seared til done plated with rice 👍🤤

I started doing this last year and have had many happy customers.
Cut in pieces, wrap in bacon and put on a skewer with whatever veggies you like, don’t forget to season with favourite spice. Over a bbq or if you have access a charcoal grill is the best. Sooooo good.

We do them on a flat stone on the Traeger. Rub on a bit of butter and sprinkle chipotle mango spice.

Spray or brush some olive oil on the shinier side of some tinfoil, score the fillets, season as you wish, wrap and seal the ends, and then I put it on the rack that folds up when you open the lid. NEVER on the grill right above the flames. But I don't very often do them on the BBQ. Too much walking back and forth. :LOL:

I started doing this last year and have had many happy customers.
Cut in pieces, wrap in bacon and put on a skewer with whatever veggies you like, don’t forget to season with favourite spice. Over a bbq or if you have access a charcoal grill is the best. Sooooo good.
That's a great way!! I've added haloumi cheese chunks to the skewers too...so good!!

If you get bigger walleye those back loin portions can be thick. They're perfect for the BBQ! I cut a small slit along the length about 1/4" deep, load it with garlic. A bit of spice of your choice on the outside(old bay crab spice is awesome) and wrap in bacon. Secure with some toothpicks and roast indirect heat. Mmmmmmmmm

If you get bigger walleye those back loin portions can be thick. They're perfect for the BBQ! I cut a small slit along the length about 1/4" deep, load it with garlic. A bit of spice of your choice on the outside(old bay crab spice is awesome) and wrap in bacon. Secure with some toothpicks and roast indirect heat. Mmmmmmmmm
Mmmmmmmm walleye and bacon
Have you tried it with pickerel and bacon
Asking for a friend 😏😇😁

So, always do my walleye on the BBQ....I use those BBQ matts from Can Tire (and other places too, I'm sure). It comes in an orange box and is a rolled up black sheet about 16" x 12"....or so. Cleans up easy as well.

King Joe Outa Here!

My uncle used to cook Walleye on the bbq when we were up North at the trailer when I was young.
I’m not sure how he did it, and I can’t really ask him anymore. So I thought I’d threw this up here and see how ya’ll do your Walleye on the bbq???
Derkd9, I always cook my fish on the BBQ. I have an 18"X18" piece of rigid super fine stainless steel mesh screen I place the fish on. Never sticks and it's so fine, you never see any screen marks on it. I even cooked eggs on it but clean up took a bit longer. Had the screen since '84 and guard it with my life!

So many ways here's one you won't often find tho and it makes for a tender flaky killer supper gut the fish by slitting from gills to hole and clean it out using a sharp filet knife, cut away the rib cage on both sides and walk the blade up to the spine take it right to the skin without cutting the skin the entire skeleton should now be able to pulled out stuff with garlic, diced onions hot pepper slices corn nuggets and your favorite seasonings, close it up cover the skin in oil or butter depending on your tastes drop on hot grill and flip after 5, 7 minutes wait 5, 7 more remove for the grill and run a blade between the skin and the flesh serve over your choice of accompaniments I prefer pilaf rice drizzle with garlic butter

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks