Fishing Report Walleye/Bows - Port Burwell - Tuesday, July 7th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I headed to Burwell this morning with my usual fishing buddy Albert. We were after a walleye fix after being embarrassed at the LPB Elbow on Sunday. Sad to say we failed again catching only 2 walleye in about 4 hours of trying. We did redeem ourselves somewhat by catching 6 rainbow trout but if the truth be known the consolation prize didn't do it. We motored around looking and trying a variety of spots out to over 62 feet of water but no luck. We hit the trout straight south of the harbour in 57 to 58 fow while coming in. We lost a few of those silver acrobats and also tried releasing one but with the surface water 76 F it just wouldn't work. A pretty light turnout at Burwell this AM so I guess that should have been a hint that maybe today was not going to be a slam dunk.

I've been hearing that walters are in top 20ft. at least that is what we are finding near erieau, i have caught them up that high, seem smaller than the ones i get at 40ft.
i'm sure a tweak here and there will land you good number soon.

Your not starving and some fun with the bows... I call that a success... It's been a weird year... Keep plugging bud... ;)

Sorry you had no luck d.s but still nice gettin out any word on perch up that way still ??

Yes it's a little weird this year at Burwell Arnie. Some days great reports but a lot of so,so days for many. Glasgow has been good but not overly spectacular like the last 3 years. All the talk of being swamped with walleye in 2020 just hasn't happened yet but pretty sure it has to pick up very soon. Actually the slower catching makes it a little less hectic at least for me. I just don't have the jam I had 30 years ago which I think you know what I mean. ?

This is 4:30 am Sunday morning going out of burwell didnt even need the lights on should have stayed in bed lol 7hrs 3 walleye 4 bows for the smoker

Attachments

• 20200706_052919.jpg
    20200706_052919.jpg
    753.8 KB · Views: 120
"Yes it's a little weird this year at Burwell Arnie. Some days great reports but a lot of so,so days for many. Glasgow has been good but not overly spectacular like the last 3 years. All the talk of being swamped with walleye in 2020 just hasn't happened yet but pretty sure it has to pick up very soon. Actually the slower catching makes it a little less hectic at least for me. I just don't have the jam I had 30 years ago which I think you know what I mean."

Yeah Bob, we don't really need or want all the fish I catch. Since we were unable to release the bows my wife and I had to make phone calls to find appreciative homes for my share. As you no doubt know finding appreciative homes for walleye or perch is never a problem. Plus, I always clean or fillet the fish even to give away. Our children are of course on the top of the list but they have busy lives and don't always want fresh fish. Fortunately smaller walleye and perch freeze well. Bows not so much.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks