Wackm tackle

Hey Tcat..I put that out there..jokingly...its just a reminder to some young & old that fishing on erie from a boat use to be one line per person..

Last edited:
there not catching fish because there not running custom painted RRFs

Wise man once said "Many custom painted lures are not designed to catch to fish, they are designed to catch fishermen....."
I definitely catch myself saying “I’d bite that if it swam past me”

but also notice when a specific colour pattern is hot or not so there is soemthing to be said about the colour pattern
Just wish I could see it threw a fishs eyes and know what about it triggers the bite

what triggers a bite is also how well you work your baits to get bit..
Yah for sure
I more meant with the colours tho

like 4 identical setups only difference being the colours painted on the lure.
I know if looks similar to what they are feeding on
But sometimes the lure doesn’t look anything like the bait fish they are feeding on

Yah for sure
I more meant with the colours tho

like 4 identical setups only difference being the colours painted on the lure.
I know if looks similar to what they are feeding on
But sometimes the lure doesn’t look anything like the bait fish they are feeding on
That's like me at the family dinner gatherings I hit on everything not just what the others are feeding on. 😜

Ya I just checked out the wackm website..not sure the link from there baits to which waters..
anybody try the wobble of there 3 1/4" copper spoons...if so does the copper look like real copper..like the old shiny new penny..if anybody noticed on the website it looks almost brown..
SS genuine copper plated spoons rock

they offer colarado blades for worm harnesses..
we use specific coloured colarado blades on LSC
like others that troll we use specifically high speed willow leaf blades with 2 oz inline weights for trolling early June pics on western erie
crank baits off inline planers are in tandem with harnesses
we use taildancers and reef runners
some are usin bandits and berkleys
I already looked new moon stretch June 10 (y)

Last edited:
Is this just bad photography on the part of Wackm Tackle because comparing the Nascar photos from their website they look sick compared to Great Lakes spoons? :confused:

Great Lakes Spoons
0f6852_5e73d34c85b149d6b1ada16f8e28d70e_mv2 (238x625).jpg0f6852_10aee6e3c2a74fc3a89e123f344056ef_mv2 (424x625).jpg
Wackm Spoons
1607435149331.png

I've been in touch with Rob from Whackm just this week (they have been sponsoring 6-8 the last 4 months(y)). I think they have been busy this fall, but I'll see if they will join this discussion.

I am as cheap as can be. I only buy lures on clearance, or will buy quantity of good lures if someone is running a big sale. ie: $6 rapalas etc. I probably have a dozen whackums in 4 specific colours. There are guys that will always say all you need is downriggers and dipsys, and blue Riplins. And 90 percent of the time they are right. However I’ve been out enough times when the purple whackum out 100 feet away on a board was firing every time it went out when other presentations where much slower. I’m cheap AF but sometimes things are worth it. There are plenty of fishermen catchers out there, but some things catch fish! They make a few patterns that catch fish consistently and aren’t available in a factory lure. Your mileage may vary. Everyone should stick with what keeps them confident!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks